Applications for the Circular Economy Incubator are officially open! WomHub understands the global shift towards building a more just, equitable and sustainable world. The Circular Economy Incubator has been designed using our experience in supporting South African women entrepreneurs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing (STEM) through the running skills and capacity building programmes, developing, and supporting growth of female founded businesses and building entrepreneurship pipelines.
The Circular Economy Incubator (CEI) brings together 25 South African women ecopreneurs (an entrepreneur focused on creating and selling environmentally friendly products and services) with early-stage businesses to advance the circular or green economy mandate. #CEI2021 aims to develop the women founded businesses in the circular economy and provide entrepreneurial incubation & mentorship support to them.
The CEI is a year-long hybrid programme that kicks off in June 2021. The incubator commences with a three-month virtual sprint focused on idea and business incubation, leadership development, mentorship, and networking. This will be delivered through one-on-one Venture clinics, Group Sessions and Live Masterclasses. The Incubator expands to an in-person boot camp in September 2021, allowing participants access to WomHub’s unique innovation and co-working space in Johannesburg. In June 2022, the Incubator culminates with an in-person Funders Fair that will provide South African ecopreneurs with an opportunity to hear from and network with investors in African start-ups.
- WomHub will select 25 female founders within STEM, as part of the Circular Economy Incubator.
- Applications are open to entrepreneurs who identify as women with businesses in South Africa.
- Applicants must have businesses with a drive, passion and product / service working towards zero waste and sustainable consumption / production.
- Applicants must be able to commit for the year-long programme commencing in June 2021 to 30 June 2022.
- Applications must be completed through the online application form.
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is 28 May 2021, 23h59 SAST.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted by the 4th of June.
- Further details regarding the programme delivery will be communicated directly to successful applicants.
- Increased knowledge of the entrepreneurs’ role in the circular economy, zero waste and building a better and more sustainable business.
- Development of business through personal growth and increased commercial insights
- Exposure to investors in the African landscape.
- Interaction with fellow ecopreneurs in South Africa.
- Access to one-on-one mentorship and Venture Clinics with Circular Economy subject matter experts.