The WOW (World of WearableArt) Design Competition is celebrating 30 years of existence and accepting entries for 2018.
For this very special anniversary event, the organizers are once again calling on designers, artists and creators everywhere to bring to life the worlds that live in their mind. Using the human body as a blank canvas, participants are invited to create works of wearable art to be exhibited in the annual WOW Awards Show.
The competition includes the following sections for 2018:
- Avant-garde: Collision between art and fashion
- Aotearoa: Expressing our way of life
- Reflective Surfaces: Catch our eye, make us catch our breath
- Under the Microscope: Defying the limits of our vision
- Open: Explore without boundaries
- Bizarre Bra: Hidden no longer
In 2017, the competition saw 104 finalist garments created by 122 designers, who came from 14 different countries around the world.
The WOW design competition is open to anyone over the age of 18, as at 28 March 2018.
Awards:- The 2018 WOW Design Competition offers over $170,000 (NZD) in prize money.