Send applications or nominations for the Zayed Future Energy Prize 2018. The prize represents the vision of the Late Founding Father and President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan, who championed environmental stewardship. This annual award celebrates achievements that reflect impact, innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability. Applicants are invited to be a part of this vision and commitment to finding solutions that will meet the challenges of climate change, energy security and the environment.
The Zayed Future Energy Prize is awarded to organisations, individuals and high schools who have demonstrated these four key criteria: Impact, Innovation, Leadership and Long Term Vision. Each criteria will vary according to its relevance to its category.
The catergories for the prize are:
- Large Corporation
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Non-Profit Organisation (NPO/NGO)
- Lifetime Achievement
- Global High Schools
The total Prize fund is US $4 million, distributed as such:
- Large Corporation – Recognition Award (No monetary value);
- Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) – US$ 1.5 million;
- Non-Profit Organisation (NPO/NGO) – US$ 1.5 million;
- Lifetime Achievement Award (For an Individual) – US$ 500,000;
- Global High Schools – US$ 500,000 – Total value, divided amongst 5 Global High Schools in 5 different geographic regions, awarding each up to US$ 100,000:
- The Americas