“Planet Earth at the ecological crossroad”
The Museum of Typography by Giannis and Eleni Garedaki announces the 7th International Poster Contest, titled “Planet Earth at the ecological crossroad”.
At the peak of the climate crisis, the message of environmental awareness is required to reach as many of us as possible. The poster as “messenger” plays its own part in this global effort to save the planet.
The contest will take place from Monday, 7 November 2022 until Friday, 10 March 2023.
The poster should be accompanied by a short explanatory text explaining its content and purpose. The invitation mainly concerns professionals and students of graphic and visual arts.
The 30 posters selected by the jury (the members of which will be announced soon) will receive honorary distinctions and the first three will receive significant cash prizes.
• 2.000 euros the first winner
• 1.500 euros the second winner
• 1.000 euros the third winner
These posters will be presented in an exhibition that will be hosted in the amphitheater of the Museum of Typography for a year, until the next competition.
The awarding of prizes and distinctions will take place on Saturday, 13 May, 2023, in the amphitheater of the Museum of Typography, at the Park of Small Industries of Chania, Souda, Crete.
* The poster accompanying the announcement of the contest is Ksenia Auburn’s participation in the 6th Poster Contest by the Museum of Typography.
Terms of participation
1) Those interested should send their work from Monday 7 November 2022 to Friday 10 March 2023 to the email: [email protected]. The poster should be accompanied by the entry form and a short description of the project (up to 100 words). The name of both files should be the name of the contestants.
• 1st prize: € 2,000
• 2nd prize: € 1,500
• 3rd prize: € 1,000