ACT4Green II is aimed at addressing the funding, mentoring, and business networking needs of climate-focused Indian and UK AI/Big Data startups by providing access to the cross-border network of experts, VCs, corporate customers, and potential business/technology partners.
The program will support 12 promising AI or Big Data focused startups from India and UK working on climate tech solutions for:
– Carbon Emissions – logistics operations, intelligent transportation systems, etc.
– Nature Conservation – land, water, and waste management, etc.
– Energy Management – power utilities, smart grids, batteries & storage, electric vehicles, etc.
The Problem Statement
Under the UK-India partnership to co-lead global climate action, the UK Government has joined hands with leading climate tech accelerators in Climate Collective Foundation, New Energy Nexus, and Carbon Limiting Technologies to strengthen the Indian and UK climate tech start-up ecosystems by helping them gain access and establish powerful connections with venture capital networks in both countries.
The program will provide bespoke coaching and mentoring support to 12 growth-stage startups (6 from India and the UK each) focusing on Artificial Intelligence or Big Data-enabled climate innovation under the themes of carbon emission, nature conservation, and energy management.
Over the course of this three-month engagement, the selected startups will receive guidance on enhancing their preparedness to secure investment from the VC network and explore pilot opportunities with potential business partners and government agencies.
Early growth-stage Climate AI and Big Data startup:
– registered in UK or India
– with commercial product in the market
– with a revenue stream from core business
– with a customer pipeline
– belonging to AI for carbon emission, nature conservation or energy management
We encourage women-led and/or women-impacting startups to apply.
The selected startups will receive –
• Bespoke coaching for investment readiness
• Mentoring by investment experts and VCs
• Mock business-case and investor pitch practice
• Cross-border business and enterprise connects
• Deployment opportunities with government agencies and corporates in India and UK
• Opportunity to pitch to our global network of angels and VCs