The entrants(individuals/groups) of this competition are expected to fully consider the relationship of the buildings within the site and numerous ancient trees as IP. The theme of this competition, i.e., protection, return, inheritance, shall be expressed obviously. The relation of ancient trees’ civilization, humans and trees as well as nature is the core exploration and pursuit of this design. Designers shall design on the basis of this theme.
1. A scheme shall be presented in at least four A2 sheets in a clear, vertical way and in readable format (with a 8mm page margin) and include following parts:
-Descriptive text on concept within 1200 words, economic and technical indicators;
-Registration No. shall be put in the bottom right corner of the sheets, in Arial 20pt font;
-Contents are as below:
1) The drawings should be with caption in English and Chinese, and include site plan, master plan with function analysis, circulation organization relation drawing, function details and evolution diagram, other diagrams, plan, elevation, section, perspective drawing, scene details, etc.
2) Color renderings:
Two renderings of aerial view shall fully express an atmosphere of the whole manor via presenting the relation of the landscape and the cluster of buildings. Other buildings which are not listed in the design of units could be expressed by the designers at will to fit the completeness of the whole atmosphere.
1-2 rendering(s) for each unit include: YD-01, YD-07, YD-08, YD-11(or YD-13), YD-14, YD-16/17.
3) Descriptive text on architecture design: design idea, general layout and environmental design, unit building concept, function, style, structure scheme, technical and economic indicators, etc.
*Through diagrams and text, the scheme shall be narrated in details and be sure of its clarity and readability.
2. Two versions of materials shall be submitted. Sheets of Version A in JPG format (no larger than 10MB for each) can be submitted; Sheets of Version B in PDF format (original high definition for each) can be submitted.
3. A scheme title shall be named as simple as possible; the scheme shall be saved in the “registration No. – scheme title – sheet No.1/No.2/No.3/No.4” format;
4. A scheme shall be submitted in bilingual (English and Chinese) or English;
5. When submitting all drawings and text online, work shall be placed within the frame provided by the host;
6. It is best to submit four drawings according to the order of general plan – diagrams –unit – partial. It can be adjusted under certain circumstance；
7. The cover must be submitted online which is the key visual of your design work; it must be uploaded in the size of 1045×654 pixels, 72 dpi, less than 2MB.
★ First Prize (Champion) 1 winner; 1.5 million RMB (pre-tax) + RIBA Trophy + RIBA Certificate of Honor ★ Second Prize (Top 6) 5 winners; 200,000 RMB each (pre-tax) + RIBA Trophy + RIBA Certificate of Honor ★ Top 30 24 winners; RIBA Trophy + RIBA Certificate of Top 30 Honor + Work Publication ★ Top 100 RIBA Certificate of Top 100 Honor + Work Publication *Award money is sponsored by the organizer Kaisen Holding Group. Trophy and certificate of honor are provided by Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).