The beauty of humans is that we are all unique. Your style, hair, clothes, passions, and beliefs all allow you to create a personal look that expresses who you are which may shift day to day based on your mood, occasions or what you’re influenced by in the moment. It is what makes us each so remarkable.
To celebrate self-expression, BIC has developed the BodyMark® by BIC® brand, offering a full range of temporary skin-safe body markers specifically designed to draw on skin, allowing you to further express yourself in a colorful, fun and unique way, using your body as your canvas! These unique markers have special cosmetic-quality skin-safe ink that allows you to enjoy body designs for up to 3 days or that can be easily washed off. BodyMark® by BIC® complies with cosmetic regulations. Follow all warnings and instructions. Not tested on sensitive skin.
Your mission is to show us how BodyMark® by BIC®, a skin-safe temporary body marker, is an easy and great tool for self-expression that allows consumers to have fun while also feeling unique & different in their own way. Selected work will be brought to life in a paid media campaign where the most typical formats are both a :06 and :15 second 9×16 vertical video, please keep in mind that 20-30% of the time left at the end will be dedicated to an end card that the Brand will add to communicate tagline, call to action and show packaging. Feel free to submit both! BIC is looking for diverse videos that show off fun, inviting, yet achievable body artwork across a variety of skin tones and genders. Your video should appeal to everyday consumer styles in a brand tone of voice that is expressive, open-minded, kind, courageous and unique. Whether you are doing simple designs with your morning routine, written words for encouragement or more, show us your everyday expression using BodyMark® by BIC®.
General Theme: highlight a theme based off a mood, occasion or feeling: I am or I’m feeling… ReMarkably stylish / ReMarkably playful / ReMarkably colorful / ReMarkably sentimental / ReMarkably zen (henna) / ReMarkably creative / ReMarkably inspired / ReMarkably silly / ReMarkably Sporty / ReMarkably cute. *Please use these themes as inspiration only.
Selected work may potentially be featured across BIC’s marketing and social media campaigns on Tik Tok, Instagram, Snapchat and more.
Creative Direction Wants & Don’t Wants:
- Do make it feel authentic, relatable and a fit for the brand (per the brief).
- Do make sure it’s achievable for the everyday consumer to use vs. making the design(s) too intricate; using body parts that a person can easily access to create the art themselves (ie: arms, legs, hands, etc. – not a person’s back as they can’t access this themselves).
- Do not make it to feel posed, too edgy, forced or contrived.
- Do show actual usage of BodyMark® by BIC® products in your video.
Please keep in mind that your creative video will be most heavily used on social channels.
- Your video style can be:
- Blogger/Influencer talking into the camera
- Animated videos will not be accepted
- Where should you put your BodyMark® by BIC® designs?
- Primary: Arms, forearms, wrist
- Secondary: Legs, ankle, hand, fingers, face (do not use too close to eyes or lips)
- Target Audience
- Demographics: 13–45 year-olds with an emphasis on Females 75%.
- Psychographics: They want to express themself in a fun/cute way that makes them feel unique and different.
- Driving Attitudes: Their everyday beauty routine is an opportunity for them to express themselves each day based on how they are feeling or how they want the world to view them that day.
- Category Usage and Dissatisfactions: Current beauty products do not provide them with the same versatility or range of colors that they need to express themselves safely on skin in a fun, unique and different way; alternative body art products are limited.
- “Telling” Behaviors: Uses beauty products (ie: makeup, hair dye, nail art, etc.) to create/enhance their look, believes this promotes self-confidence.
- Needs/ Rational: Skin-Safe products that come in an assortment of vibrant colors options allowing them to express themselves; complimenting their everyday beauty routine.
- Needs/Emotional: Allow them to express themselves while having fun and feeling unique/different.
- Brand Key Benefit: Easy-to-use temporary body art for self-expression
- Reasons to believe:
- Cosmetic Quality
- Skin-safe ink
- Offers a variety of trendy vibrant colors
- Can last for days and can be easily washed off
- Ergonomic marker shape combined with quality fine and brush tips provide the ability to precisely create both simple and intricate designs
- Brand Character:
- Persona: Fun, Expressive, Open-minded, Appreciative, Kind, Courageous
- NOTE: Fun is both the biggest satisfaction driver and the most spontaneously mentioned topic in reviews among current buyers.
- A mix of colorful enhanced and simple, soft expressive designs (etc. written words, basic drawing of hearts, stars, flowers, etc.) that compliment one’s everyday beauty routine and look for special events/occasions
- Appeal to more of the “everyday consumer”. Improve appeal through easy to execute softer expression of skin creativity, inspire usage showing simpler, easy to execute designs that compliment your current beauty routine.
- Standard submissions should try to include mostly free hand designs that are easily achievable for the everyday consumer and consider stencils as needed to execute video concept. (Stencils would be included in the sample packs provided, additional stencil designs are available in other packs offered in store (found in the writing aisle) and online (Amazon.com).
- A BodyMark® by BIC® branded end-card may be added to your submission at a later date.
- Standard submissions should be a 0:15 second vertical 9:16 video, keeping in mind 20% (0:03) of the video ending will be decided to an end card.
- Videos should be compatible with general social media specs Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Tik Tok
- Additional exports from selected artists will include a vertical 0:06 second export
- Additional gifs and stills may be created from your video if selected and may be used by the Brand team in support of the project.
- 1st Place$4,000
- 2nd Place$2,500
- 3rd Place$2,000
- 4th Place$1,500
- 5th Place$1,500
- 6th Place$1,000
- 7th Place$1,000
- 8th Place$1,000
- 9th Place$500
- 10th Place$500
- 11th Place$500
- 12th Place$500
- 13th Place$500
- 14th Place$500
- 15th Place$500