Each year our contest seeks creative photographic images ranging in style and technique from traditional to avant-garde, symbolizing the many different world communities that need to come together to overcome today’s daunting environmental challenges.
Images selected for prizes and exhibition successfully educate, motivate, or passionately move audiences to engage in preserving our environment!
In addition to valuable prizes awarded to the best photograph in each category (plus the Grand Prize and People’s Choice award), images are seen by regional, national, and international audiences of collectors, curators, writers, and others from the environmental community. We strive to give winners and selected finalists numerous opportunities to be recognized for their accomplishments by showcasing their work in a variety of locations and publications.
Winning images will be exhibited at the American Mountaineering Center in Golden, Colorado; displayed at a high profile location in Downtown Denver that is free to the public; featured on our website and social media; and promoted through press releases and partner publications, with more recognition opportunities to be announced.
- Adult (Over 18)
- Landscape – Images without wildlife or people that feature dramatic vistas in the natural world.
- Wildlife – Images that showcase the amazing diversity of wildlife around the world in the air, on the ground, or under water.
- Indigenous Cultures – Images of native peoples ideally emphasizing the interconnection between humans and nature.
- Environmental Impact – Images depicting either positive or negative effects on the environment from human or animal activity. Subject matter could include outdoor adventure or sports, clean energy alternatives, or the destruction of forests, to name a few. People or animals may or may not be included in the image.
- Patterns/Abstracts – Images that capture the unique patterns and shapes found in the natural world or created by humans in their use or misuse of resources.
- Youth (age 13 to 18) Age of entrant will be determined by their age on the day of entry. Entries into the Youth Division must be made by a parent or guardian who have read and agreed to the Official Contest Rules.
All youth entries, regardless of subject matter or style, will go into this single category. Youth entries should, however, fit within the guidelines of any of the adult categories.
Do you want to stay updated about latest opportunities, scholarships & online competitions, like v then please install our Android or iOS App here.
- $1000 Cash Grand Prize
- $500 Gift Card Youth First Place Award
- Cash awards in every category
- Great product prizes from our Sponsors