Columbia University MicroMasters Program in Business Analytics will empower learners with the skills, insights and understanding to improve business performance using data, statistical and quantitative analysis, and explanatory and predictive modelling to help make actionable decisions.
The curriculum is designed to provide learners with a series of courses that emphasizes the use of statistical analysis, computing tools, and mathematical models to predict the outcomes of various business decisions, and identify the best implementation.
These courses are instructional-led and each course has 10-12 weeks of lecture plus an additional final exam week. If you are interested in completing the full MicroMasters program on edX, there is no time limit in which you must complete all the courses in the program. Currently, the courses are offered twice a year, in the spring and fall term.
For those who are interested in applying for an M.S. degree at Columbia University, you must complete this MicroMasters program within 2 years of the start date of the first course in order to include MicroMasters certificate in your application package. For example, if you aim to apply for 2021 Fall M.S. program, you have to earn the MicroMasters Program certificate by 2021 February admission deadline.
- Apply methods, tools, and software for acquiring, managing/storing, and accessing structured and unstructured data
- Prepare data for statistical analysis, perform basic exploratory and descriptive analysis, and apply statistical techniques to analyze data
- Apply descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to business modeling and decision-making
- Demonstrate orally, and in writing, the ability to explain complex analytical models and results
Courses In Columbia University MicroMasters Program in Business Analytics
- Analytics in Python
Learn the fundamental of programming in Python and develop the ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions.
- Data, Models and Decisions in Business Analytics
Learn fundamental tools and techniques for using data towards making business decisions in the face of uncertainty.
- Marketing Analytics
Develop quantitative models that leverage business data to forecast sales and support important marketing decisions.
- Demand and Supply Analytics
Learn how to use data to develop insights and predictive capabilities to make better business decisions.
Certificate & Credit pathway for Columbia University MicroMasters Program in Business Analytics
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully complete all four of the courses will earn a MicroMasters program certificate from ColumbiaX. Recipients of a MicroMasters program certificate can apply to Columbia University’s online or on-campus Masters programs listed below. If admitted, students will receive 7.5 course credits towards their MS degree. MicroMasters credits cannot be combined with any other transfer credits.
- MS in Management Science & Engineering (Engineering and Business Schools, on-campus)
- MS in Operations Research (Engineering School, online or on-campus)
- MS in Marketing Science (Business School, on-campus)
- MS in Business Analytics (Engineering and Business Schools, on-campus)
- The use of business analytics has grown exponentially in all areas, including healthcare, government, retail, e-commerce, media, manufacturing, and the service industry.
- The result is an increased need for employees with an analytical approach to management who can utilize data, understand statistical and quantitative models, and are able to make better data-driven business decisions.
- Career prospects include business analyst, business intelligence analyst, business development manager, market research analyst, marketing intelligence analyst, digital marketing manager, chief operating officer, strategist, and chief marketing officer.
- We also expect successful learners to gravitate toward start-up organizations.
Duration:- 1 year 8 – 10 hours per week
Cost:- $ 996