The Cortona On The Move Award is a free open call created with the desire to support photographers in the development and production of their projects.
At its first edition, with the media partnership of LensCulture and the collaboration of the Consorzio Vini Cortona, the award is part of the constant search for original and innovative narratives that has always characterized Cortona On The Move.
The open call is open-topic and welcomes projects, in development or unpublished, with the most varied photographic approaches to contemporaneity: new perspectives and new visions.
Finalist projects will be announced and published on the Cortona On The Move and LensCulture websites on June 30, 2022 and will be screened in Cortona during the opening days of the festival.
Both photographers and collectives may participate in the open call, with proposals that must include:
● Between 10 and 20 images related to the project. Images must be in .JPEG or .PNG format, with a minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side, and not exceed 10 MB
● A project title
● A presentation of the proposal in English (a brief introductory text about your work not to exceed 4000 characters, including spaces) and, if applicable, captions for the images.
● A biography in English (a short biography, not a Curriculum Vitae)
You are invited to submit your proposals through the LensCulture platform, using the following link: CLICK HERE
Participation is free!
● 1 project will receive a €5,000 prize and will have the opportunity to be exhibited at the next edition of Cortona On The Move
● 2 projects will be published on the LensCulture website during 2022.
The 3 selected works will be announced and published on the websites and social channels of Cortona On The Move and LensCulture on June 30, 2022.