Create inspiring artwork to encourage a new community of NHS blood donors.
Every day, the NHS needs nearly 5,000 life-saving blood donations. NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) want your help to spread the message and enlist more donor heroes, in line with the message: “Be a hero, join our community of blood donors. Ready to help when your NHS needs you”.
Create bold and uplifting artwork that rallies people to join the community of blood donors and help the NHS when they are needed. The NHS particularly needs more people of black heritage to help patients with sickle cell, people who have O negative, B negative or A negative blood groups and male donors to come forward.
5 pieces of work will be chosen by the judging panel as Selected Creators, please see the incentives below.
- Create striking artwork to encourage the general public to join the community of blood donors who are ready to help when the NHS needs them
- Although there is a need for everyone who is able to donate blood, NHSBT is urgently seeking more black donors because of a rise in demand for some rare blood types that are more common in people of black heritage. People of black African or black Caribbean heritage are more likely to have a rare blood type and therefore are more likely to be able to directly help people within their own communities. We would like to use this opportunity and platform to ask the global creative community to design artworks that embrace their own diverse culture and community. Find out more
- Submit original artwork created by you! It could be graphic design, illustration, photography or even short animation (10 seconds) that is inspiring and engaging
- Include the NHSBT’s key message: “Be a hero, join our community of blood donors. Ready to help when your NHS needs you”. Use a free font or integrate this text into the artwork – it’s up to you. Find other key messages & information here
- Include this NHSBT logo or a creative interpretation of it in your own style
- Check out this mood board and the NHSBT logo colour palette for inspiration
- Create your work digitally. For static work create it in portrait orientation, min. 300dpi. For animations submit an MP4
- Keep in mind, submitted work may be used in print or digitally, so should be suitable for a range of on- and off-line channels
- Your work should be accessible, diverse and inclusive, and appeal to a broad UK audience
- This is a global brief so you may tweak the messaging to fit your own communities but keep the NHS as the main focus in your submission
- You can use text in your work, but please only use UK English
- You can inclde people in your submission, but please ensure they are not real, and all look over the age of 17. Don’t include references to any real people in your work
- Don’t include references to dangerous situations, other brands, show/imply alcohol or drunkenness, or anything offensive
- Tell us about your creative process and inspiration via the ‘Description’ field in your submission
- NHSBT would love to see and potentially share your work across social media! Tag your work with @givebloodnhs and use #CreativeLifeline
Do you want to stay updated about latest opportunities, scholarships & online competitions, like Create Artwork To Inspire Blood Donation then please install our Android or iOS App here.
Awards:- The judging panel will choose 5 selected works. The 5 Selected Creators will each receive:
- £1,000 creative fund
- Featured on all partner social channels (potentially reaching 10+ million people)
- 1-hour mentoring session with a member of the panel
- Press and media exposure