This scholarship is intended for young leaders focussed on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunity for people in their communities, countries, or world at large. The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to:
Education is a cornerstone of sustainable development – it empowers and uplifts individuals, nations, and society. However, the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted students’ education and learning worldwide. Globally, millions of people have been left behind, with an estimated 1.6 billion students being impacted by the pandemic and 24 million children potentially never returning to school. Educational inequality was a global challenge well before COVID, but the pandemic has further widened the learning gap.
The past year has also provided a glimpse into what learning in the future could look like. It accelerated the adoption of new classroom technologies to increase student access, and demonstrated the adaptability of teachers and their vital role in our communities. We must use this moment to rethink the skills and opportunities needed for future success, and focus on equitable education solutions so that no one is left behind.
At Deloitte, we are committed to expanding opportunities for 100 million people by 2030 by developing job skills, improving educational outcomes, and providing opportunities for individuals from underrepresented and marginalized groups around the world to realize success.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, we are proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2022 which will enable 5 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Tokyo, Japan on 16 – 19 May 2022.
- Improve access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy. For example, women and girls, disadvantaged youth.
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerate entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo
- Travel restrictions permitting
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 16 and 19 (inclusive) May, 2022
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo (economy class)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit)
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy”