The Design Educates Awards (DEAwards) recognize, showcase, and promote globally the best educational ideas and implementations of architecture and design. Design itself may provide an informative and educational layer that guides us through the increasing complexity of our environment. It can highlight specific possibilities and challenges, explain sociocultural factors and influences, or even outline new scenarios for future development. Each year, the esteemed panel of judges selects outstanding ideas and implementations in the categories of architectural design, product design, universal design, and responsive design.
The 2022 Awards include the following competition categories:
- Architectural Design — buildings or other designs on a similar scale; may include interior designs too
- Product Design — products, smaller objects, objects of industrial design, and similar
- Universal Design — the designs that may not be strict of architecture or product design, or are interdisciplinary, or difficult to categorize into other categories
- Responsive Design — designs that interact with its surroundings and users; this category derives from Laka Competition “Architecture that Reacts.”
The DEAwards are about building a community as well — a community of motivated, inspirational people using their ideas and designs to make our surroundings more functional and beautiful, safer, healthier, and more sustainable.
All participants are invited to join the awards ceremony and Architecture in Foyer Conference to meet with other participants, jurors, and organizers.
The awards ceremony will take place during the Architecture in Foyer 2022 worldwide conference at the Solarlux Campus in Germany (Melle, Lower Saxony, Germany) from 22–23 September 2022. The conference will be hosted by Solarlux GmbH (the strategic partner of the awards) and will consist of an exhibition of the results of the DEAwards, lectures by distinguished architects and designers, laureates’ presentations, workshops, and networking opportunities.
Participation in the awards ceremony is free of charge with a mandatory registration.
- Individual student: $50, $75, $100
- Team of students: $75, $100, $125
- Individual professional: $150, $200, $250
- Company > 10 employees: $175, $250, $300
- Company 11 – 100 employees: $250, $300, $350
- Company 100+ employees: $400, $500, $600