Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Aquaculture, Environment and Society is now recruiting our next intake of Erasmus Mundus students.
If you wish to apply for a place on the EMJMD ACES+ for this intake starting in September 2021, please contact us at [email protected].
Applications from EU and non-EU applicants are welcome – the course is aimed at students from all over the world. A limited number of Erasmus Mundus scholarship/">scholarships funded by the EACEA of the European Union are available and the closing date for scholarship applications is 15 February 2021.
We are also accepting applications from applicants who are able to self-fund their studies. The cost of tuition fees per academic year is €5000 for international/non-EU students and €2500 for EU/UK students.
If you are interested in applying for a place on the course please study our page covering eligibility requirements. You should have a background in marine science or biology, fisheries, aquaculture, aquatic science and/or environmental studies, and you must complete in full two application forms – a University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) and ACES application form. Once you have completed the forms, please email these, along with all supporting documents, as a single PDF file to us at [email protected]
Application forms must be completed in English and can be downloaded here:
ACES-Application-Form and Privacy Notice
Supporting documents include your CV, professional reference letter, copy of your degree certificates and transcripts (with certified translations in English where applicable), main passport page and evidence of English language proficiency (i.e. IELTS certificate) – please see below for further information.
If you obtained your degree from a university or institution from outside the United Kingdom, we will normally accept the equivalent qualification from a recognised university. If you are uncertain about whether your qualification(s) and/or experience are equivalent to or meet the requirements of the course, please contact us.
The following documents should be emailed as a single PDF file:
- Completed EMJMD ACES+ application form (in Microsoft Word) in English, which must include a 350-word motivation (or personal) statement and 350-word statement giving information or examples of your previous experience in the field of aquaculture;
- Completed UHI International application form (applicable to ALL students, including European). This is a standard UHI form which must be completed in English. Please note, for the section on ‘Course Details’ please insert UHI-SAMS and please leave blank the ‘Personal Statement’ as this information collected in your EMJMD ACES+ application form, as above;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in freestyle format;
- A professional reference (of 500-800 words) – please see section on Professional References for further guidance on how this should be prepared;
- Copy of your passport;
- Copy of your degree certificate (plus certified translation into English if applicable);
- Copy of your transcript of marks (plus certified translation into English if applicable); and
- Copy of your Secure English Language Test (i.e. IELTS) certificate, which is valid until the end of Sept 2020. You must achieve an overall score of 6.5 in your IELTS test and have obtained this qualification by the time you apply for the EMJMD ACES+ course).
Do you want to stay updated about latest opportunities, scholarships & online competitions, like Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree then please install our Android or iOS App here.
Awards:- The cost of tuition fees per academic year is €5000 for international/non-EU students and €2500 for EU/UK students.