- Fotofestiwal was established in 2001 as one of the first photography events in Poland. Since then it has grown into one of the most relevant photographic festivals in Europe but its core mission has not changed: presenting photography in its various ways (via exhibitions, films, slideshows, workshops etc.) but also talking about important social issues and introducing the unobvious beauty and unique history of our city to the audience.
- For such reason we organize thematic exhibitions in various post-industrial spaces, which Łódź is well known for, we put stress on networking parties – (we are quite famous for those), but also every year we try to develop new ways of talking about photography: via events such as Photo-Match: Completely Different Portfolio Review, during which we focus on having equal status granted to the curators as well as artists, with formula of presentation that numerous festivals are applying worldwide now with a success. Since 2016 we work as a collective, with no board of directors, developing a new way of cultural institution management.
- An Open Call for Fotofestiwal Open Program gives you an opportunity to present your works to the audience of the International Festival of Photography held on 10-27 June 2021 in Łódź (Poland). We are looking for artists with exceptional personalities and projects which present bold visions. The call for entries is open – with no thematic or age limits. We invite specialists from the world’s most important media and photographic institutions to join the jury. From among the submitted projects, the jury will select six which, in cooperation with the curators of Fotofestiwal, will be presented in the form of an exhibition. Upcoming 2021 festival will definitely be a special occasion due to our 20th anniversary. We hope to meet you there!
- Exhibition during Fotofestiwal 2021 (over 20.000 viewers)
- Artist’s fee – 400 Euro
- Accommodation for the main weekend of the festival (10–13 June, 2021 4 nights)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses up to 200 Euro
- Exhibition production budget (and full technical support) – 450 Euro
Entry fees:- Each participant can submit maximum two projects, and for each submitted project the cost is 10 Euro