At Gorton’s Seafood, we have been delighting customers with our delicious frozen seafood products for generations. However, frozen prepared seafood has the opportunity to perform better with Millennial & Gen Z consumers. To get consumers into the frozen seafood aisle at the grocery store, we are seeking ideas for frozen seafood “mash-ups” where Gorton’s can partner with another brand, influencer, or celebrity to create an offering that would be more enticing, exciting and tasty to younger consumers.
The brand partnership should be front and center in these product ideas. An example could be a Gorton’s & Sam Adams beer-battered cod fillet that uses Sam Adams beer in the batter, a Heinz ketchup infused coating that adds a sweet bite, or a Lady Gaga-inspired salmon. The possibilities are endless and we are excited to see what original and innovative ideas you come up with!
Before starting your submission, please review Gorton’s current list of available products HERE. Your idea can build off of one of these existing products OR be something entirely new. However, the product needs to be sold as a frozen seafood offering.
1) Propose an idea for a frozen seafood product “mash-up” between Gorton’s and another brand, influencer, or celebrity.
- What type of seafood is the product made from?
- What other ingredients/components would be included?
- Explain how the chosen partner brand/person would feature in the product mash-up
2) Why did you choose the partner brand for your product idea?
3) Why do you think your idea would be successful with Millennial & Gen Z consumers?
- 1-10 Scale