As a leading auto and property insurance company, one of our top priorities is providing a seamless and pleasant experience for new customers to get set up with their new policy. We know there is always room for improvement with a complex product like insurance. As such, we want to ensure that we meet our customers’ needs and that we continue to update and streamline our customer experiences.
With this challenge, we would like to hear from your perspective how we can provide the best experience for navigating a new insurance policy. This can range from a variety of ideas such as overhauls of current platforms to smaller, incremental improvements.
- What does the ideal process look like for starting with an insurance provider on a step-by-step basis? This would include anything from signing up with the new provider to getting settled in as a new customer. As you work through this process, here are some following thoughts to consider:
- In detail, what does a “seamless” experience look like for a new customer? Further, what do you feel is the most important part of starting with a new insurance company?
- What modes of contact do you feel would make the most sense during this part of the customer experience (e.g. phone calls, apps, emails, etc.)? Are there specific methods preferred at different steps along the way?
- When starting with a new insurance policy, are there any confusing or difficult to understand parts? How do you think those might be solved?
- Are there any differences in the needs between first-time insurance customers and long-standing insurance customers for getting an insurance policy?
- What can an insurance company do to build trust and provide a supportive experience for new customers?