Attention IJ Fans! The Impractical Jokers team will be awarding and posting YOUR fan art every week throughout the season, so send in submissions early & often!
Impractical Jokers, the long-running prank challenge show, is as much about jokes, dares, and displays of embarrassing public stupidity as it is about lifetime friendships. Sal, Joe, Q, and Murr have built a die-hard fanbase over nearly 10 years through their competitive dares, caught on hidden surveillance cameras, and ranked at the end with the “loser” facing a pre-determined “punishment” – or risk being banished from the show.
It’s exactly the kind of bonkers, unexpected, and mindlessly fun TV that builds fierce audience loyalty, and the show has the die-hard fanbase to prove it. And one of the ways the Jokers’ fanbase has celebrated the show has been through fan artwork of the guys, the pranks, and the infamous or especially insane moments and quotes.
Now, to celebrate the Jokers’ new season (premiered July 8th) and their 10th year of hilariously embarrassing pranks, truTV and the Impractical Jokers team want to see your best fan art OR tribute videos. So if you’ve always wanted to depict Murr’s solo skydiving punishment from Season 3, or Sal’s pantless run through a Brooklyn grocery while covered in jingle bells, or even just a nice wholesome shot of the four Jokers together, now is your chance.
Whether you’re an illustrator, a graphic designer, an animator, a TikToker, or just an enthusiastic amateur, we want to see your most inspired Impractical Jokers fan content. Still images and vertical videos are all on the table. Every week, greenlit fan art will be featured in a roundup on IJ’s social media, for a total of six greenlit vertical video submissions and twelve greenlit still image submissions by the end of the season. After all of the submissions have been selected, one talented fan artist will be chosen to receive an additional Grand Prize of $2,000; one talented fan artist will receive an additional 2nd Place prize of $1,000; and two talented fan artists will receive an additional $500 each as 3rd Place prizes. Both fan art and video submissions will be considered for the grand prize slot. Not bad!
Not sure what to make, or where to start? Just Google “Impractical Jokers Fan Art” to get a sense of what other fans have done before – or, better yet, tune in on truTV every Thursday starting July 8 at 10/9c to watch new episodes and get inspired by the challenges, pranks, punishments, and hilarious reactions from the Jokers and bystanders.
We’ve provided some creative guidelines to help you along, so keep reading for more details, and then check out more information in the Background / Additional Details, and for any questions or other project updates, check out the Project Forum.
TO ENTER YOUR FAN SUBMISSION, YOU MUST:
- Login to or create a Tongal account
- Upload your fan art submission (“Artwork”) to Tongal through the “Submit” tab of the project page (above the Synopsis)
- Fill out the required information on the Submission Form and click the “Submit Fan Artwork” button
- Still Artwork must be square (1×1) JPG or PNG. Any form of image is acceptable: drawings, sketches, paintings, digital renders (2D or 3D), collages, etc, and in color or in grayscale.
- Video Artwork must be vertical (9×16), as MP4 or MOV, max of :15 seconds. It must not use music or any 3rd party content or logos.
- Still and Video artwork must include the Impractical Jokers logo, which can be found in the Assets tab.
- Artwork must depict the guys positively, and cannot be unflattering or overly exaggerated. All the Jokers should be included in your fan art.
- Your Artwork should be suitable for a general audience: stay away from offensive imagery or depictions, inappropriate language, or potty humor.
- Your Artwork should stay true to the show, its characters, and their relationships.
- While your Artwork can obviously be drawn from moments and characters from the show, it may not contain any work previously published, licensed, sold, used, released, distributed, or otherwise exploited in any form.
- Your Artwork must not include third party materials (e.g. artwork, logos, photographs, music, etc.)
- Your Artwork must include the Impractical Jokers logo, which you can download from the Assets tab.
- If your submission is selected:
- Six vertical video (9×16) submissions will receive $1000 each
- Twelve square image (1×1) submissions will receive $500 each
- From the 18 submissions selected:
- One 1st Place winner will receive an additional $2,000 grand prize
- One 2nd Place winner will receive an additional $1,000
- Two 3rd Place winners will receive an additional $500 each