The New Tang Dynasty (NTD) Television International Figure Painting Competition is calling for applications for 2023. The NTD International Figure Painting Competition is a great opportunity for artists from all around the world to showcase their talents and revive the traditional art of realistic oil painting.
The mission is to promote the pure beauty, pure goodness, and pure authenticity of traditional painting.
The competition’s mission is to promote the pure beauty, pure goodness, and pure authenticity of traditional painting. Realistic artists worldwide are invited to submit figure paintings that convey traditional values, and positive ideals such as beauty, compassion, and righteousness.
1. Submission of Application Forms
1）Deadline: January 15, 2023 (Tentative)
2）The application package should include:
Applicant’s valid identification document: A digital copy of a valid passport, driver’s license, or a similar official document, that clearly states the document number and the applicant’s legal name.
Details of the competition entry: Each competition entry should clearly state the painting’s title, dimensions, completion date, and the materials used. Applicants must include a short (no more than 100 words) description of the inspiration behind the painting.
Applicants should submit one high-resolution digital photograph for each competition entry. The file format should be JPEG or PNG (less than 30MB).
Resumé: A list of the applicant’s experience and major prizes and accomplishments. Digital copies of all prize certificates mentioned should be included in the application.
Applicants need to add a note on the application form if they require a U.S. visa to be able to participate in the Award Ceremony and other competition-related events, Invitations and other visa-supporting documents will be sent to the finalists.
Download Registration FormDownload Resume Form
3） Contestants may use pseudonyms. In addition to the legal name, applicants can provide a pseudonym in their application. During and after the competition, the artist’s pseudonym (instead of his or her legal name) will be used for publicity purposes, such as in publications or media coverage.
4） Application fee: US$75 for the first entry; US$15 for each additional work submitted. Accepted forms of payment include online payment, credit card payment, traveler’s check, or money orders.
5） Checks are payable to “New Tang Dynasty Television”. Applicants should add the note: “NTD International Figure Painting Competition” on the check.
6） How to Apply:
Online registration: https://app.ntdtv.com/
Email: For those who are unable to register online, please submit the application package by email: [email protected] with “NTD International Figure Painting Competition Application” in the subject line.
Download Registration FormDownload Resume Form
7） The Organizing Committee must receive the application fees and materials before the deadline for valid application.
8） Applicants should retain copies of all materials sent within their application package as application materials will not be returned. The competition’s Organizing Committee accepts no responsibility for applications not received.
1) Finalists will be notified by email no later than January 31, 2023 (tentative).
2) Finalists have until March 1, 2023 (tentative) to submit their original work(s) by registered mail to the Organizing Committee of NTD International Figure Painting Competition.
Mailing address: 23 Center Street, Middletown, NY 10940, U.S.A.
3) Finalists are solely responsible for any delay or damage to the original work(s) during the mailing process. Finalists should allow for up to 10 days for the Organizing Committee to open and check the artwork(s).
4) There are 3 options for how the artwork can be submitted:
With the frame.
On a stretcher but no frame (finalist needs to pay for the cost of the framing).
Rolled canvas (finalist needs to pay for stretching and framing).
Reference: costs of framing for paintings with different dimensions.
18 x 24 inches: US$150
24 x 36 inches: US$225
36 x 48 inches: US$350
48 x 72 inches: US$550
The framing cost for artworks with dimensions different from the above measurements could be estimated from the artwork’s area (actual cost may be different from the price listed above due to the molding materials and details). The cost of canvas stretching is 10% of the framing cost. Questions should be addressed to [email protected]
3. Award Ceremony, Finalist Exhibition, and Other Arrangements
1) The Finalist Exhibition will be held in New York City in June of 2023 (Actual date and location are to be announced).
2) The Award Ceremony will be held at the same venue as the Finalist Exhibition.
3) During the exhibition, the Organizing Committee will arrange seminars and gallery tours for the finalists. A detailed schedule will be made public ahead of time.
4) Complimentary Album: All finalists will be presented with a copy of the 2023 NTD International Figure Painting Competition Art Album at the Finalist Exhibition. Participating artists who are unable to attend the Finalist Exhibition can obtain a copy of the album upon request. The shipping and handling cost is to be covered by the artist.
4. Handling of Original Works after Exhibition
1) After the exhibition, finalists must arrange the return of their original works. The Organizing Committee can temporarily store the finalists’ original works for up to 30 days free of charge after the completion of the exhibition. Finalists will be charged US$10 per day if they fail to make the shipping arrangements within the 30-day free period.
2) The Organizing Committee will issue a donation certificate(s) should contestants choose to donate their original artworks to the NTD International Figure Painting Competition.
3) Note: Applicants need to mark their preferred the handling option from above when sending in the original artwork(s).
5. Accommodation and Transportation
Finalists are responsible for arranging their own transport and accommodation. The Organizing Committee will recommend hotels near the Award Ceremony and other competition-related events.
1) Contestants are entitled to the copyrights and other related rights of their submitted works, and their registrations to the 2023 NTD International Figure Painting Competition serves as the legal grounds. The Organizing Committee is not liable for any legal responsibilities due to any artists’ intentional or unintentional negligence.
2) The Organizing Committee has the right to reproduce the finalists’ works. If works are reproduced in pursuant to related contracts, contestants are entitled to royalty from those copyrights.
1) Upon submitting an application, a contestant acknowledges the competition rules and regulations.
2) Contestants must obey the organizer’s arrangements. If a contestant violates any arrangements, the organizer has the right to rescind the eligibility of the contestant and any awards given. Contestants must certify the originality and authenticity of their works and are held accountable for any legal consequences for any plagiarism.
3) NTD Television owns the copyright to the audio and video materials produced for the competition.
4) Decisions made by the Competition Jury Panel will be final, and no appeal will be accepted.
5) The Organizing Committee has the ultimate authority to interpret the rules and regulation, and has the right to make changes as necessary.
6) Any updates to the rules and regulations will be posted on the official competition website in a timely manner.
Outstanding Technique Award: US$1,000 (Each)
Profound Humanities Award: US$1,000 (Each)
Outstanding Youth Award: US$1,000 (Each)
Honorable Mention Award: several winners