We are proud to launch alongside Rab®, a £10,000 Film Commissioning Grant; supporting grassroots adventure storytelling within the core area of British Mountain Culture.
“We are delighted to support filmmakers to push their creative and professional boundaries. Not only are we excited to hear applicants’ innovative ideas on our theme; ‘The Mountain People’ we look forward to seeing the next trailblazing film based in our spectacular British landscape.”
Jim Evans, Rab®
Our core objectives are:
- To encourage filmmaking in the British Mountains
- To enable applications from filmmakers who are, as yet, unable to access funds for their ideas
- To broaden the number of storytellers who use the British Mountains as a creative and physical resource
- To support and grow diversity and inclusion in the outdoors
- To inspire people to enjoy and experience the mountainous areas within Britain
- To bring new stories to the Kendal Mountain Community, and on to the wider festival circuit to share with new outdoor audiences.