EPA conducts critical research in its laboratories and research centers to address important environmental issues. This research helps advance the understanding of environmental science and leads to inventions that benefit human health and the environment.
EPA launched the Make a Market Tech Challenge to solicit innovative strategies for market assessments of new technologies developed by EPA researchers. The challenge asks teams or individual participants to choose one of five patented EPA technologies listed below and compete to develop innovative market assessments for the selected technology. The technologies in this challenge have not been externally tested or verified. All have been filed with the US Patent and Trademark Office for patenting.
The five technologies are:
- Water Contamination Detection Kit
- Portable Cyanobacteria Detection Kit for Recreation and Drinking Water Supplies
- In situ Chloramine Sensor for Municipal Water Distribution Systems
- Carbon Traps to Deactivate Halogen Containing Pollutants
- Cyanobacteria Assessment Network App (CyAN app)