We look forward to welcoming you to the 80th Hahnenkamm Races in Kitzbühel. The registration (accreditation application) for the HKR 2020.
The Kitzbüheler Ski Club and the BTVare looking for the new poster for the Hahnenkamm Races in 2022 and hereby invite all interested parties to apply for the design of the poster.
We would like to continue their annual tradition, which started in 1987, of the official poster being designed by independent artists. This new type of open and international invitation to participate is intended to emphasize the reputation of this event as an „International Sport Festival“. The poster image itself is used to market the event on advertisements and other printed materials, such as tickets, merchandise and official web site etc. (Further details can be found on the Conditions of Tender, Poster 2022).
- This Hahnenkamm Races contest is open to all persons worldwide.
- Submission dates are from 1. November to 15. December 2020. Submissions received before or after
these dates can not be accepted for this contest.
- Submissions must be made in a digital format using the official entry form (www.hahnenkamm.com) and
emailed to email@example.com. Originals will not be accepted.
- Each participant may submit a maximum of three designs.
- There must be only one original work measuring 84 cm by 59.4 cm (DIN A1) for each design
submitted, and this original must be signed. For the purposes of this contest, the artist retainsthe
original unless the design is chosen for the final round or is the winning poster.
- Possible file formats are .jpg and .pdf. Files are to be named as follows: last and first name of the
participant (artist) followed by a serial number in the event that the artist is making more than one
submission. Example: doe_john_01.jpg/.pdf
- There are no restrictions on the artistic style or design images used in submissions, however the artist should keep in mind that the content should reflect the event, the International Hahnenkamm Race.
- The design should allow for additional text elements (event name, race schedule) and sponsor logos to be
added at a later time. These elements are not to be included in the submission. Samples of past years works that include these elements added by the event organizer can be found at www.hahnenkamm.com/plakat.
- Only natural persons are eligible to submit entries. Legal entities and joint entries are excluded.
- By making a submission, the participant expressly agrees to the publication of a low resolution (max. 500
KB) version of the image on the home page of the race organizer Kitzbühel Ski Club, currently
www.hahnenkamm.com, with notice indicating participation in this contest.
- Entries that are not selected will receive no consideration.
- The winning poster will be selected by a jury made up of members of the Kitzbühel Ski Club and BTV by
April 2021, and this decision is final. The contest winner agrees to submit the original
poster (see item 5) to the Kitzbühel Ski Club within 14 days of its nomination or the nomination will
become null and void, and another design will be selected as the winning poster. The person whose poster is chosen as the design for the 2022 race will receive a prize of €5,500. Upon receipt of this sum, the person expressly declares that the unrestricted right to use the selected poster design is transferred to the Kitzbühel Ski Club (analog and digital use in all formats). The Kitzbühel Ski Club is therefore authorized to use the winning design as the official Hahnenkamm poster, to distribute it in analog and digital formats in all types of media and to share it with third parties (e.g. merchandising). Likewise, upon granting the rights to use the work, the participant is also obligated to submit the original poster to the Kitzbühel Ski Club. In this case, the participant undertakes not to create or to distribute any additional copies of the winning original poster, whether the design is identical or a slightly modified version. The prize will be paid upon receipt of the original design.
- In addition, the participant receives an invitation to the Hahnenkamm race for which he or she has been selected as the winner (hotel and complimentary grandstand ticket from Friday to Sunday of the race week) worth approximately €3,500. This prize is not redeemable for cash. Arrival and departure is at the expense of the participant.
- The Kitzbühel Ski Club reserves the option to select the submissions that are not chosen in their year of submission as the official Hahnenkamm poster in subsequent years (e.g. 2023 Hahnenkamm Race). In this event, the terms and conditions of this contest shall apply analogously.
- Data necessary for processing the poster competition which is collected from the artist, is stored by the event organizer in electronic form and protected under privacy laws. This data is used by the organizer solely for internal purposes and is not shared with third parties.
- By submitting a poster design, the participant states that he or she has taken note of the contest rules and expressly states his or her consent to them.
- All decisions are final. The Kitzbühel Ski Club and BTV is looking forward to receiving numerous entries.
Awards:- The winner of Hahnenkamm Races will receive €5,500.