Design an inspiring vision for a more open and better future through visualising the actions you can take in the form of art, design, gifs and animations (up to 10 seconds) that incorporates 1 of the 5 resolutions.
Since the beginning of time, art has been used to tell stories and inspire movements of change. Coca-Cola wants to inspire people with your creativity to be more open. When we are open to change, anything is possible. That’s why Coca-Cola is handing over it’s iconic red canvas of our Coca-Cola can and asking you to illustrate your own personal resolution for a better future. Together, we hope to start a movement for positive change. Together, we can be Open To Better. How will you be Open To Better?
Given the year we have had, what better time than now to share personal pledges of positivity, kindness and good intent for a better future. We would like to inspire you to share your own commitments, no matter how small, or humorous, to be open to better possibilities.
- Create sharable artwork that captures 1 of 5 positive and inspiring resolutions (or your own!)
- Resolutions are based on meaningful actions. Capture 1 of these 5 resolutions in your submission:
- I will never take my friends for granted
- This year, distance won’t get us down
- What better time for us to start over than now?
- I promise to listen more, just for you
- I will never take us for granted
- Or one of your own! Please use the framework provided here
- If you create your own visual representation of your resolution, make sure it’s important and personal to you. Think about what would be positive, kind, and forward-thinking, and resonate with other like-minded people, inspiring them to think about their own resolutions
- Your submission should be light-hearted, open, optimistic, positive, kind, inspiring, forward-looking, authentic and real
- Create your artwork digitally as an illustration, graphic design or animations (up to 10 seconds)
- Please fully read the design guide, including artwork specs, ‘Can’ positioning, and resolution text editing
- Your submission may be used on Coca-Cola social channels so should really stand out and be really sharable on platforms like Instagram and Twitter
- Your submission should be in English please
- Your submission should appeal to an 18-24-year-old audience, who is a change-maker and cares about the communities where they live
- Download this asset pack before creating your work. Write your personal resolution to be Open To Better in the style & framework provided. You can choose which can (Coca-Cola Zero & Coca-Cola Original) you would like to include in your work
- You should integrate the Coca-Cola’s Zero or Original iconic can into your artwork – as part of your story. Make sure the can visibly recognizable with the pledge written on the can in the same style as provided
- On the can’s provided, you’ll see a blank part where you should add your resolution – we’d prefer you use your own handwriting, but you may also use the font provided
- You can use the actual Coca-Cola rendered can or a creative interpretation but it must be recognisable and use the same brand colours
- Please include the ‘Coca-Cola’ logo in your work on the left-hand side, refer to the design guide for guidance
- Be inspired by Coca-Cola’s color palette when creating your work. You can add complementary colors as you wish
- You can include elements related to your life, the city or country you live in, and the community you are part of
- Please only include one resolution in a single submission. You can submit multiple times if you wish
- Consider Coca-Cola’s Brand guidelines – Read more about these in this Brand Guide detailing, logo, colour references, typeface etc
- Please include a 100+ word written description (in English) detailing your inspiration behind the artwork, your hopes for a better future, the positive changes they will make, and our/your resolution to be Open To Better via the ‘Description’ field when submitting
- Don’t include references to any real people, dangerous situations, other brands, show/imply alcohol or drunkenness, or anything offensive
- Please don’t share your submitted work online or social media but you may use it in your portfolio until you have been given permission from Talenthouse
- Potentially have their work used across Coca-Cola social, digital and wider marketing channels
- Potentially have their story and work showcased as part of a PR campaign
- Receive £2,500 for each piece selected