Scholarships OF UPTO RS 1,00,000/- EACH FOR SIX DESERVING IDEAS
Do you have an idea that can bring about change, one that can impact the world around you? Do you have socially relevant ideas that address the need of the hour or of the immediate future- ideas that are practical and implementable, that ensure sustainability, creative and innovative ideas that bring a new perspective to transform the existing systems?
Are you looking for funding opportunities to fulfill your research, create prototypes, or simply take your ideas further? The Saint-Gobain Scholarship Programme is exactly the platform you have been looking for!
HOW YOUR INNOVATIVE IDEA CAN RECEIVE UP TO Rs.1,00,000/-
Saint-Gobain is delighted to present up to six distinct Scholarship Awards of up to Rs.1,00,000/- each to students and graduates of Architecture & Design who are passionate, raring, and ready to transform the world with their inspiring and revolutionary ideas. Resources are provided for the development and execution of a project that may conclude in a publication, exhibition, documentation, prototype, or symposium. The winners will be awarded the sanctioned Scholarship amount in stages and also will be felicitated.
- Students of Architecture or young architects under the age of 30 years.
- Students of Interior Design and interior designers under the age of 30 years- both from courses of minimum 3 years duration.
- All Transparence participants: current or past, irrespective of age, and year of graduation.
- Past winners and applicants of Saint-Gobain Scholarships may reapply with new ideas.
- Individual applications
(If you have other members participating in the project, they may be accommodated to attend the interview round upon shortlisting).
THE FOUNDATION OF A WINNING IDEA
- Your project should clearly involve novel ways of utilizing architecture and/or design in principle.
- Explore innovative, practical, and smart practices in using existing resources, buildings, etc.
- Create an active dialogue between societies and communities.
- The beneficiaries/region/target of your project should also be identified and defined and the ideal gains should also be projected in your initiatives.
- Your project idea can be a new original idea.
- You may even take inspiration from an existing idea and modify and evolve it as per your beneficiary/region/ target.
- You may also choose to implement an existing idea as long as you give due credits and take necessary permissions.
- Your idea should address a pressing issue of the community you wish to serve or innovate solutions to regionally/globally relevant problems.
- Projects that are environmentally and socially conscious will be preferred.
THE PILLARS OF SAINT GOBAIN Scholarship
Your proposals should be supported by one of these pillars to become eligible for the Scholarship award. Do mention in your outline, which of these you are focusing on.
- The Pillar of Sustainability: Sustainable & Eco-friendly projects; Environmentally responsive innovation, research, and design intervention
- The Pillar of Social Responsibility: Socially responsible projects in the domain of architecture, construction, and design; Community-based interventions to solve issues directly affecting them
- The Pillar of Socio-Cultural Realm: Current socio-cultural issues; live interventions that have a socio-cultural impact; Heritage impact and awareness; documentation and conservation can also be considered
- The Pillar of Digital Technology Innovation: Innovative digital ideas/initiatives related to architecture, construction, and design that can change the way we work / we live.
- The Pillar of New Products, Materials and Building Technology: Innovation in the form of a new product, material, and/or building technology with respect to architecture, construction, and design.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
An esteemed jury constituted by Saint-Gobain will carefully shortlist up to 12 projects with potential and invite the qualifiers for a discussion through a video conference. The final winners will be announced on the side-lines of the Transparence Grand Finale 2020.
Awards:- Scholarships OF UPTO RS 1,00,000/- EACH FOR SIX DESERVING IDEAS