Applications are now open for SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia) programme 2021. SDGia is back again with its second global call for impact entrepreneurs to find innovative solutions for SDG-related complex development challenges. SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia), a global accelerator launched by Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UNDP in 2018, aims to build a unique model for accelerating the discovery and market entry of solutions for the selected big problems.
Last year in its first program, SDGia focused on two of the most pressing issues faced by displaced populations, namely the lack of sanitation and personal identification. The first global call attracted applications from 35 countries, and during the program, new solutions have been found in the field of two grand challenges, namely “Non-Sewage Portable Toilets” and “Digital ID solutions”. 8 start-ups have graduated from the program to implement their projects which are currently at their final stage. Based on the success stories of its alumni and the lessons learnt of the first program, SDGia has decided to launch its second program in Bangladesh and Uganda, where vibrant startup ecosystems already exist. Government of Turkey has provided the core funding for the implementation of the SDGia’s second acceleration program that has started in June 2020, in line with its long-standing support for the Least Developed Countries (LDCs). During the second SDGia program, startups will work on products and services in the field of financial inclusion in Bangladesh and digital agriculture in Uganda.
- Do you have a solution which has potential to support especially leastdeveloped country (LDC) populations?
Do you want to stay updated about latest opportunities, scholarships & online competitions, like SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia) Programme then please install our Android or iOS App here.
- Be part of a global network which will support you as you work towards the SDGs and create your impact in the world.
- Receive equity-free grant of $15,000 when you get accepted tothe Accelerator Program
- Receive mentorship from UNDP, UN Technology Bank, governmental institutions, financial and technology experts, and global investors
- Receive impact investment at the end of the program if youridea or product is selected for implementation