The Royal Society of Portrait Painters invites artists from all over the world to submit portraits for our Annual Exhibition in 2021.
The final exhibition is selected by leading portrait painters and being selected is a mark of distinction. Selected artists will have their work exhibited in a prestigious showcase at The Mall Galleries in Central London at which a number of works will sell and a number of commissions will be placed. There is also the chance to win a number of prizes and awards totalling over £23,000.
The Society welcomes paintings, drawings and original prints including digital/ipad prints from artists over 18, from the UK and internationally to be shown alongside members of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters at their Annual Exhibition.
Entry to the Royal Society of Portrait Painters are subject to the following:
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- All mediums aside from sculpture and photography are acceptable.
- Work must have been completed in the last three years and not been exhibited in London previously.
- Works must have a minimum sale price of £300. Works may be listed as not for sale – if your work is not for sale, please input the price as ‘NFS’ when prompted.
- The price of works for sale must include 45% + VAT commission.
- A maximum of three works can submitted for selected. It is possible for all three entries to be selected
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
- Note that artists accepted for exhibition will be invited to advertise portrait commissions through our Commissions department on which a commission will be payable.