The second edition of the Cultural Diaspora residency will take place in May-June 2022. Building on the experience gained with the first iteration of the program, the duration of the residency has been extended from four to five weeks, and the international open call has expanded to include Black text-based theater artists from throughout the African Diaspora, including countries bordering the Atlantic basin, Africa, the Americas, the Caribbean, and Europe as well as Black text-based theater artists outside of those boundaries whose work reflects an interest in the African Diaspora and Afro-Atlantic culture.
Selection is based on:
• The quality of the applicant’s writing;
• The significance of the project or area of inquiry proposed;
• The quality and significance of the professional accomplishments of the applicant;
• The relevance of the link(s) between the proposal and the African Diaspora;
• The potential impact of the residency to shape and inform the writer’s creative process and artistic vocabulary in both the short- and long-term;
• The ability of the artist to contribute to and participate in a community of artists, both in Cassis and in one’s home country.
The Selection Committee
The Selection Committee is composed of Black professionals and artists who are working in the field(s) of theater and performance, as well as scholars and thinkers in Africana studies.