Excel in Data Science, one of the hottest fields in tech today. Learn how to gain new insights from big data by asking the right questions, manipulating data sets and visualizing your findings in compelling ways.
In this MicroMasters program, you will develop a well-rounded understanding of the mathematical and computational tools that form the basis of data science and how to use those tools to make data-driven business recommendations.
This MicroMasters program encompasses two sides of data science learning: the mathematical and the applied.
Mathematical courses cover probability, statistics, and machine learning. The applied courses cover the use of specific toolkit and languages such as Python, Numpy, Matplotlib, pandas and Scipy, the Jupyter notebook environment and Apache Spark to delve into real world data.
You will learn how to collect, clean and analyse big data using popular open source software will allow you to perform large-scale data analysis and present your findings in a convincing, visual way. When combined with expertise in a particular type of business, it will make you a highly desirable employee.
- How to load and clean real-world data
- How to make reliable statistical inferences from noisy data
- How to use machine learning to learn models for data
- How to visualize complex data
- How to use Apache Spark to analyze data that does not fit within the memory of a single computer
Courses In UC San Diego MicroMasters Program in Data Science
- Python for Data Science
Learn to use powerful, open-source, Python tools, including Pandas, Git and Matplotlib, to manipulate, analyze, and visualize complex datasets.
- Probability and Statistics in Data Science using Python
Using Python, learn statistical and probabilistic approaches to understand and gain insights from data.
- Machine Learning Fundamentals
Understand machine learning’s role in data-driven modeling, prediction, and decision-making.
- Big Data Analytics Using Spark
Learn how to analyze large datasets using Jupyter notebooks, MapReduce and Spark as a platform.
Certificate & Credit pathway for UC San Diego MicroMasters Program in Data Science
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to several Master’s programs, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) offers a pathway to credit for UCSanDiegox Data Science MicroMasters program certificate holders towards the completion of RIT’s Master of Science degree in Data Science. The MicroMasters program certificate will count as 30% of the full Master’s degree.
Completers are also eligible to apply for admission to the Master of Predictive Analytics program at Curtin University. If a learner applies for admission and is accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards 25% (or 100 credits of the 400 credits) of the coursework required for graduation in the Curtin program.
- There are approximately 215,000 open job positions in Data Science (Source:Indeed.com)
- There are currently about 31,000 openings for Statistician positions in the US (LinkedIn), offering an average salary of $77,000 (Glassdoor)
- In the field of Business intelligence, there are around 14,000 openings in the US (LinkedIn) at a $88,000 base salary
- Careers include data scientist, data engineer, data analyst, statistician, data manager, data architect, business analyst
- Data Scientist is rated the best job in America for 2017, with a median base salary of $110,000. (Source: Glassdoor)
Duration:- 10 months 9 – 11 hours per week
Cost:- $ 1260