Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India is observing the ‘Vigilance Awareness Fortnight’ ‘सतर्कता जागरुकता पखवाड़ा’ from 27 October to 10 November 2020 to emphasize the importance of integrity in public life. The Theme for the Vigilance Awareness Fortnight is – Satark Bharat, Samriddh Bharat (Vigilant India, Prosperous India). The theme puts the impetus on the thought that the development and progress of the nation take place when individuals and organizations are vigilant in safeguarding integrity as a core value.
All sections of society need to be vigilant in order to uphold integrity in all aspects of our national life. Being vigilant also means improvement of internal processes, time-bound disposal of work, and systemic improvements leveraging technology. Technology can play a significant role in making India vigilant and prosperous through process improvements leading to inclusion, simplification, efficiency, and transparency.
Following the same, to enthuse employees and the public at large towards values of honesty, integrity, sincerity, responsibility, transparency, and service to the nation, MeitY has undertaken an essay writing competition through MyGov platform.
We invite you to be part of the ‘Vigilant India – Prosperous India’ Vigilance Awareness Week and write an essay any of the following topics below-
1. Unity in Diversity : Positioning India as a Leader in Emerging Global Scenario
2. Resilient India : Turning Crisis into Opportunity
3. Rights Vs Duties : Aware Citizens, Awakened Nation
4. Nation First: Ignited Minds, Prosperous Nation)
- The Competition is open to all citizens of India only.
- All entries must be submitted on https://www.mygov.in/ Entries submitted through any other medium/mode would not be considered for evaluation.
- A participant can send one entry only. In case it is found that any participant has submitted more than one entry, all the entries will be considered as invalid.
- The entry should be original. Copied entries will not be considered under the contest.
- The participant must be the same person who has written the writeup and plagiarism would not be accepted.
- Please note that the Essay must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.
- Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright would be disqualified from the competition. Government of India does not bear any
- responsibility for copyright violations or infringements of intellectual property carried out by the participants.
- Mention of the authors name/emails, etc. anywhere in the body of the essay will lead to disqualification.
- Participant is to make sure that their MyGov profile is accurate and updated since MeitY would be using this for further communication. This includes details such as name, photo, complete postal address, email ID and phone number. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
- MeitY reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/ or the Terms & Conditions/Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria.
- However, any changes to the Terms and Conditions/Technical Parameters/Evaluation Criteria, or cancellation of the Contest, will be updated /posted on the MyGov. Platform. It would be the
responsibility of the participants to keep themselves informed of any changes in the Terms & Conditions/Technical Parameters/Evaluation
1. A cash prize of Rs. 7000/- to the first best entry
2. A cash prize of Rs. 5000/- to the second best entry
3. A cash prize of Rs. 3000/- to the third best entry