VIU Scholarships Awards and Bursaries Program, coordinated through the Financial Aid & Awards office, provides financial assistance, incentives and rewards to eligible students to assist in their pursuit of post-secondary education.
Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries are funded by a combination of VIU University funds, government grants and private donations managed by the Vancouver Island University Advancement and Alumni Relations office.
The application process, final approval of student recipients and policies governing the Scholarship, Award and Bursary Program are handled by the VIU Awards Committee made up of representatives from across the institution.
Students enrolled in a full time Trades Program must be full-time and continuing to completion.
Students enrolled in Academic and Career Preparation courses must be continuing to either ABE courses or University studies. Priority is given to those enrolled in two or more ABE courses.
- For deadlines and application processes, visit Deadlines and Processes
- Search the Award Tree for a list of VIU scholarships, awards and bursaries
- Review below for more detailed criteria on VIU scholarships, awards and bursaries
Scholarships reward academic excellence and may also require the recipient to demonstrate special qualities that match the priorities of the donor, such as community involvement. To qualify for a scholarship, students must meet the following:
- Achieve a minimum semester and cumulative GPA of 3.50 (A- average)
- Maintain a minimum semester course load of 80% (12 credits for most programs)
- Students with a documented permanent disability may have a reduced course load of 60% (9 credits for most programs)
Do you want to stay updated about latest opportunities, scholarships & online competitions, like VIU Scholarships Awards and Bursaries then please install our Android or iOS App here.
Awards:- Scholarships varies