When most people think of pasta sauce, the first thing that comes to mind is a tomato-based sauce that may have other spices and flavors incorporated into it. While this staple has been a favorite of consumers for a long time, we believe there’s a lot of opportunity to come up with new and delicious pasta sauces that do not use tomatoes as the sauce base.
We are specifically interested in sauces that use alternative veggies for the base, so please be sure to stay away from ideas for things like alfredo or pesto sauces. We are excited to see what you come up with!
- Propose an alternative pasta sauce that uses veggies instead of the traditional tomato base
- What veggie(s) do you propose for the base of the sauce?
- What other flavors/ingredients would you include?
- Why do you think this sauce would be popular with consumers?
- How would you market this sauce as a great alternative to normal tomato sauce?
Submissions will be graded on the following criteria:
- 1-10 Scale