Identify 3 actions your country/community could take to build a greener, more inclusive future.
- The video must be no more than 1 minute long.
- Record in a quiet place (no music or background noise)
- Listen to your audio before you upload to make sure we can hear you.
- If you’re inside a car, or if someone is helping you film, or if you are in a noisy environment, holding the camera closer could help so the microphone picks up your voice instead of the environment.
- Make sure the video is not shaky, the camera must be still while filming.
- Do not edit or add captions, we will do it.
If you chose to submit a photo with text, here are the requirements:
- Take a photo of yourself holding a sign with your three points written on a paper/cardboard.
- Make sure we can read the sign.
- Include your three points in writing in your submission.
Entries will be judged by communication officials at the World Bank Group. The full names of the judges can be made available on request. Judging will take place during August and September 2021 and selected participants will be contacted in September-October 2021 by email. Entries will be judged against originality, creativity, and solutions presented. The judging panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Selected people will be contacted via the contact information provided with their submission.
- By submitting an entry, you are giving your consent to the World Bank to use your name, quotes from your submission or reproduction(s) of your video, in part or in whole, in its media activities, publications (including the Internet/Web such as blogs), and social media channels and without expectation of compensation or other remuneration, now or in the future. Rights to edit copy where the publishers deem necessary is reserved although entrants will be fully credited.
- Participants must be between 18 years old and 34 years old. The #OurGreenerFuture campaign is not directed at minors under the age of 18 years old.
- There is no fee payable to enter the competition.
- All submissions in this Contest are public and not private communications. The World Bank is not responsible for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information used in connection with the social media campaign; or (ii) failures or errors which may occur in the administration of the social media campaign. To the fullest extent permitted by law, The World Bank exclude liability and entrants agree to release and hold harmless The World Bank for any damage, loss, liability or injury to person or property or for any claim arising as a result of your entry into the competition.
- By submitting an entry you grant the Bank exclusive, perpetual, royalty free and worldwide permission to use and publicly display, use in printed publications of the World Bank, its social media platforms, its websites, or in any other media with appropriate attribution to you as the owner of the entry. The World Bank has the sole discretion to use or not use an
entry, or to take down an entry already posted to any of its digital channels.
- All Bank decisions are final and unappealable.
- You represent and warrant that you are the rightful owner of the entry and of all rights associated with the entry; that you have (a) not infringed on any third party rights, including copyrights, trademarks, industrial property, trade secrets, confidentiality obligations and rights of privacy and publicity, and have the necessary written release(s) or permission(s) to use any third party rights or intellectual property (b) not violated any applicable law(s) in any countries in the world. By entering this competition, you agree that the Bank has the right to verify the ownership and originality of any entry and that upon request, You shall submit a written copy of any release or permission you have received from a third-party granting. If an entry is selected as a winning entry, and the ownership rights and the originality of an entry cannot be verified the Bank may select an alternate winner. All Bank decisions are final.
- By submitting an entry, you accept and agree with these terms and conditions. Do not submit an entry if you disagree with these terms and conditions.
- Preservation of Immunities. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the World Bank which are specifically reserved.
- The promoter is the World Bank of 1818 H Street NW, Washington DC 20433.