The Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China for the ASEAN University Network (AUN) to sponsor students, teachers, and scholars from ASEAN nations to study in China and to enhance the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN members. There are 30 scholarships offered annually and it only supports graduates.
Candidates can either:
- Apply to the AUN Secretariat for CGS opportunity without any pre-admission Letter. In this case candidates can select their preferred institutes during online applications process.
- Apply to your target university for the pre-admission Letter once recommended by
- the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate.Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or
http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in). Please note that AUN’s Program Category is ‘Type A’ and Agency Number is ‘00005.’Once the correct Agency Number is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge. Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information Systemand Agency Number is provided on page 5.
- Complete the online Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print one hard copy. Submit ONE set of the paper application forms and other supporting documents to the AUN Secretariat by 18 February 2021.
- Only successful candidates will be informed by email by early August 2021.
The full scholarship covers:
Tuition Waiver: Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover scholarship students’ education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities. Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy. If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly/quarterly accommodation subsidy:
• Master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
• Doctoral students:CNY 1,000 per month.
• Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
• Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving. Comprehensive medical insurance