The Gift Card Shop is an e-commerce site that sells a variety of digital gift cards and gift cards sent via mail with over 100 brands and merchants to choose from, along with variety of designs for general gift cards too. The goal of this project is to create a :30 animated video that introduces viewers to the The Gift Card Shop brand and highlights their most popular gifting occasions; Congratulations, Birthdays, and Thank Yous. Along with incorporating these occasions, you must also communicate the idea that with the The Gift Card shop you “get it right every time” and it makes shopping fuss free. The Gift Card Shop is open to most forms of animation, including traditional 2D or 3D animation, stop motion, or even dynamic motion graphics.
DELIVERABLES: Four total deliverables:
- One :30 video (16×9)
- Three alternate :30 versions (16×9). Alternate variations will involve the same characters, locations, and script, and will mostly involve small changes that can be handled in post-production, including changes to CTAs, end-card designs, on-screen text copy, and other minor edits. Additionally, depending on where the creative lands, a version may include a slight variation to the script. This will be decided between the selected producer and client during scripting.
TIMELINE: Please find the anticipated timeline HERE, but note that if you are selected, you should consult with your Tongal producer to ensure you are always working off of the most up to date timeline.
EXPOSURE: YouTube. For YouTube TrueView for action best practices please click here.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Potential buyers of gift cards, specifically the Considerate Shopper, and The Last Minute Gifter.
- The Considerate Shopper believes gift cards can be thoughtful, if you put a little intention and effort into it and purchase a card that is just right for the occasion or recipient. With their digital-first lifestyle, eGift cards are great options because they take the stress and guess work out of giving—allowing the recipient to get exactly what they want. Because of their purchase frequency, they need a reliable, safe and frictionless online experience for a variety of brands and gift card options to choose from. “With a wide variety of brands and card types, The Gift Card Shop takes the stress out of giving and consistently gets me what I need.”
- The Last Minute Gifter is scrambling for a quick yet thoughtful gift for an occasion, event or moment they are soon to miss. They view gift cards as acceptable gifts and a perfect option for their last-minute decision making style. Because they are time-pressed and anxious, google searches or recommendations from others will have to do, and if a website doesn’t catch their eye, they are immediately on the next. “The Gift Card Shop helped me quickly get the right gift card just in time for the big day.”
TONE: Helpful, down to earth, and a little witty. They would also like to channel The Gift Card Shop Clever Helper who;
- Is Engaging: In an industry that can be overly sweet and sentimental, we sound smart, energetic and direct. We’re honest about the realities (and humor) of gifting gone wrong and clear about how to get it right. Our wit is subtle, used sparingly and usually in the form of phrases separated by em dashes or parentheses
- Is Down-to-Earth: There’s a casualness and familiarity to the way we speak. To achieve this tone, we favor contractions (“it’s”; “we’re”; “she’ll”) and go with common abbreviations and acronyms whenever they help keep things simple, especially on social channels.
- Is Collaborative: We go beyond accommodating our shoppers’ needs and actually encourage them along their gifting (or getting) journey. What does this look like? Lots of invitations that begin with “Let’s,” lots of questions and occasional kudos.
- Is Empowering: We want to show shoppers that we understand their needs and offer gifting options that are just what they’re looking for. In order to convey this idea, we should use words like: right, thoughtful, exactly, simply, impress, slam dunk, nailed it, etc.
- Must capture their top 3 brand benefits:
- Shop for the most popular occasions or any occasion
- You “get it right every time,”
- There are 100+ brands to choose from
- Must specifically highlight their biggest gifting occasions: Congratulations, Birthdays, and Thank You
- Must cater to the Considerate Shopper and Last Minute Gifter audiences
- Must incorporate their Brand Guidelines into the visual style of the video
- Must incorporate one of the following Call To Actions, “Shop Now” or “Shop Today” along with the URL thegiftcardshop.com
- You MAY NOT show any real gift cards that are featured on the site; instead illustrate your own gift card that focuses on the gifting categories/occasions.