Climate finance entrepreneurs from all over the world can apply for the Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance.
The Lab is looking for innovative finance solutions that can unlock investment to tackle some of the most difficult climate and sustainable development challenges and investment opportunities for a net zero economy.
Proposed sustainable finance vehicles should offer returns for private investors, create jobs and other local economic benefits, sustain biodiversity, improve climate resilience and/or decrease emissions.
Selected ideas will receive guidance and support from high-level leaders from both the public and private sectors, who contribute expertise, political capital, and financial capital to the instruments.
f your idea is selected by Lab Members, you will work with a team of analysts, key stakeholders, and experts to:
- Develop or refine the mechanics of your idea
- Survey comparable instruments, ensuring the final instrument is innovative and impactful
- Develop robust financial modeling
- Assess and document potential social and environmental impacts
- Map risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Develop a detailed implementation plan
- Produce promotional content
- Present your idea to donors and investors
- Potentially receive endorsement from the Lab
Awards:- Selected ideas will also benefit from robust analysis, stress-testing, and development by Climate Policy Initiative’s team of experts.