Do you have an innovative idea that could revolutionise banking?
If the answer is yes, then we want you to take part in the Global Open Finance Challenge – our first-of-its-kind virtual event taking place this October and November, which could give you the chance to present your ideas to bank CEOs and industry legends.
To turn your idea into a real-life prototype, you’ll have access to our global sandbox, which offers over 30 APIs from four leading banks.
Four leading banks from Canada, Brazil, Australia and the UK – CIBC, Itaú, NAB and NatWest – are collaborating to deliver a unique event this October and November and we’re welcoming teams from across the globe to take part.
We’re looking for innovators who can use our APIs to deliver ground-breaking prototypes that have the potential to transform banking to help our customers and the public at large.
Established fintechs, global players, early and late-stage start-ups, universities, and other teams of innovators are encouraged to join the Challenge. We would recommend that teams are composed of:
Each team should include members who have the skills to demonstrate their solution in the form of a working Android or iOS app that uses one of the APIs in our sandbox.
Teams must be 1-6 people. All participants must be 18 or older.
The Global Open Finance Challenge will contribute to an open finance ecosystem which is expected to transform our industry. We want to encourage innovation and establish an environment that advances our common goals in a way that better supports our customers in a rapidly evolving digital economy. Our inaugural challenge will do this by supporting the delivery of value-added digital services, embedding financial services across the ecosystem, and with a focus on sustainability.
- The top four teams will each have the opportunity to participate in a post-event tailored incubation program. This program will include the following:
- Proof of Concept with one or more banks: a dedicated in-bank team to collaborate and support a proof of concept, including feedback from frontline and customer research groups
- Ventures Pitch: if selected, teams will have the opportunity to pitch to all of the banks’ ventures teams
- Local Market Guidance: post-event, teams can receive exclusive meetings where in-bank teams can provide education on local market environments
- Senior Leadership: exposure to internal decision makers for networking, relationship support and partner discussion
- Media Coverage: the winning teams will be featured in press releases across global and local banking, fintech, and technology media channels
- Solution Architecture: expert consultants from AWS will provide support with functional and technical designs