Huawei HMS App Innovation Contest aims to inspire talented developers across the globe to create seamless, smart, and innovative digital experiences, and explore the future of digital intelligence. By highlighting pioneering HMS open capabilities, the competition gives app developers the tools to build tomorrow’s all-connected world.
1. Registration & submission:
Deadline: 18:00 on September 5, 2021 (UTC+8)
Create works that integrate HMS open capabilities, and submit entries on the contest official website.
(1) Sign in to HUAWEI Developers with a valid HUAWEI ID (register for a HUAWEI ID if you do not have one) and click Sign up. If you intend to be a team leader, click New team and enter the relevant team information. If you intend to be a team member, click Join team and enter the name of the team you wish to join.
(2) Create your works and integrate HMS open capabilities. For more information about the capabilities, please refer to Develop.
(3) Click Submit work on the contest details page, enter the app name, ID, and description, and upload the APK and app introduction document.
The judging panel will review the submitted works, and select 20 works from each region for the public review and finals stages.
3. Public review:
Shortlisted works will be exhibited for global promotion, on both the contest official website and AppGallery by 18:00 on October 8 (UTC+8). Works’ public rating scores will be based on the numbers of votes they receive.
4. Regional Final:
Each region will hold its own final in October. The judging panel will rank the 20 shortlisted works according to a comprehensive scoring formula, in which the judging panel and public rating scores are added.
Individuals aged 17 and under are not eligible for the competition.
Employees of Huawei and its affiliates, and their immediate relatives, are not eligible for the competition.
You can participate in the contest on your own, or as part of a team. All members of the team must belong to the same competition region.
Rules for setting up a team:
- (Each contestant is only eligible to join a single team.
- Each team can have no more than 3 members.
- Each team should have a team leader, who is responsible for team management, such as inviting or deleting members, and submitting works.
- A team member can apply for joining or leaving a team.
- The score for a contest submission belongs to the team. If a team member leaves the team, all existing scores will continue to belong to the team, rather than the departing member.You will be disqualified in the event of the following:
(1) You plagiarize the work of others.
(2) Third-party code plug-ins used in your works are not authorized, and/or are the source of a legal dispute.
(3) You works infringe upon Huawei or any third party’s legal rights (including but not limited to the intellectual property rights and privacy rights.
(4) Your works violate any relevant terms, service agreements, or rules applicable to Huawei developer services, including but not limited to HUAWEI Developer Service Agreement, Agreement on Use of Huawei APIs, and AppGallery Review Guidelines.
Requirements for works
- Submitted works must integrate at least one HMS open capability, and run seamlessly on devices that have installed HMS.
- Works may use third-party game engines, middleware, open-source software, or code libraries, so long as they are authorized in advance by the rights holders.
- Contestants must fully comply with HUAWEI Developer Service Agreement and any other relevant terms and/or service agreements for developer services, including but not limited to the HUAWEI Developer Merchant Service Agreement and HUAWEI Partner Paid Service Agreement, as well as terms and/or service agreements related to the use of AppGallery Connect and HMS Core.
- Apps that are to be released on AppGallery must fully comply with the relevant release policies.
2. Attachments for submitted works must be in ZIP or RAR format, and cannot exceed 200 MB. Such attachments include APKs and app introduction documents.