Job-Applications.ca would like to announce our plan to help our users succeed in the workforce: a college scholarship awarded once per year designed to benefit working parents in Canada who are pursuing post-secondary education.
Are you a parent trying to balance work while attending university or some other higher learning institution?
Requirements: 600 to 1000 word essay: Discuss your experience as a parent working your way through school and explain three pieces of advice you would give to someone in a similar situation.
Eligibility: The Working Parent College Scholarship Program is open to any person who:
- Is a full or part-time student who is in an accredited Canadian post-secondary educational institution (including, but not limited to, college, university or trade school, or similarly accredited program) with a current cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at that institution; and
- Has worked an average of at least twelve (12) hours for each of the previous four (4) weeks at the time of applying; and
- Is a residential parent of at least one minor child; and
- Is a legal resident of Canada; and
- Is currently enrolled and furthering his or her education at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution or program; and
- Is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of applying; and
- Completes and submits the official Application form within the relevant periods for the periodic scholarships to be awarded.
Awards:- Earn $1,000 to help offset the costs of going to college!