It’s August, which means it’s time for the next installment of the Motherhood Maternity Life & Color Road Trip series! This time, we’re headed to Colorado – likely the Denver area.
The #MHRoadTrip series Life & Color was born earlier this year and has already introduced Real Moms-to-be in the Motherhood community, along with their cities: Miami, Houston, Philadelphia, and Atlanta. Last month, a Tongal filmmaker documented the next installment of Life & Color with a breastfeeding mom in LA – you can check out that brief here if you’re curious. Each month, a new mom or mama-to-be shares her experience with the motherhood juggle (#MHJuggle) and introduces the Motherhood community to the locations or sites that make her city feel like home and bring joy and color to her life. This is done through a mix of video and still assets for Motherhood Maternity’s website, email, and social channels, along with the own mom’s social media. Now, Motherhood Maternity is looking for a Colorado-local filmmaker to capture the next story on the Road Trip.
The Motherhood team is currently identifying a Colorado-based (Denver area) influencer mom-to-be to profile, but is open to seeing pitches with talent attached as well. Talent should be based in Colorado and currently pregnant, and she should have an Instagram following in the ~50K range (although that’s not mandatory!). Talent costs will be covered outside of the production funding, so you do not need to factor this into your budget. Additionally, while this is not a product-first project, the Motherhood Maternity team will provide the mom with wardrobe.
Check out the content breakdown below, along with examples of all the content from Life & Color in the Background. Interested in this project but not based in Colorado? Upcoming locations include Chicago, Nashville, and New York, so stay tuned for more briefs like this one! If you have any other questions, ask away in the forum.
- Hero video: A roughly 2 minute video that introduces the mom-to-be and her city, combining elements from the filmed interview, and the on-site video with the mom, at her chosen locations throughout her city.
- Charity video: A single :60-:90 video that highlights a nonprofit of the mom’s choice to support moms and their families. Motherhood Maternity’s Mama Tee should be featured prominently in this video as a portion of proceeds from its sales will support that month’s partner organization.
- Homepage video: A single :08-:12 silent video for the Motherhood Maternity website
- Photo Stills: Three stills per location, nine total, each heroing a different outfit provided by the Motherhood team, as well as options with the Mama tee. These will be used across the Motherhood Maternity site and social as well as the mom’s social media.
DELIVERABLES: There are 5 total video assets and 9 total still assets:
- One ~2 minute hero video (16×9, 9×16)
- One :08-:12 homepage video (16×9)
- One :60-:90 charity video (16×9, 9×16)
- Nine photo stills – 3 per location, with different outfits including charity shirt (mix of 16×9 and 9×16)
TIMELINE: Click here for the full project timeline.
EXPOSURE: Motherhood Maternity’s Road Trip page, a unique city-specific landing page, and Motherhood Maternity’s Instagram; the Colorado mom’s social media channels, especially Instagram. Please review the platform best practices page.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Mothers, parents, and mothers-to-be.
TONE: Joyful, excited, honest, inspiring, uplifting, encouraging, celebratory; genuine, authentic, and engaging.
- The stills MUST be shot independently of the video assets; while the Motherhood Maternity team may choose to pull stills from the video, we are looking for unique still deliverables.
- While this is not a product-first project, Motherhood Maternity outfits and the charity shirt MUST be worn in all assets. The Motherhood Maternity team will provide the breastfeeding mom with wardrobe, including the Mama Tee, to be worn in the charity-supporting video. Typically, the mom provides her own styling on-set, but it is the production’s responsibility to make sure all wardrobe shows up well on camera: clean, steamed, and adjusted to look its best while ensuring the mom is comfortable and confident.
- Your photos and videos MUST match the aesthetic, tone, and style of the existing #MHRoadTrip creative.
- You MUST be able to work as a Colorado local to qualify for this project (no additional funds will be made available for travel).
- You may include talent options in your pitch; the preference is for a currently-breastfeeding new mom with an Instagram following. Motherhood Maternity may elect to greenlight a pitch without the attached talent, or may choose to engage talent without greenlighting the attached pitch.
By participating in this project, creators acknowledge that the Sponsor is under no obligation to greenlight a pitch. Though most projects on our platform do move forward with a greenlit pitch, we will notify you in the event the Sponsor decides not to fund any pitches via the project forum. Regardless of the result, all submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by the Sponsor and the project team.
Our priority is ensuring everyone’s safety, and we’re now requiring a COVID safety protocol plan for all relevant productions. Please review our COVID-19 Production Safety Guide and check federal, state, and local rules before and during your shoot to make sure your on-set protocols are up to date. We’re working hard to keep people working during this extraordinary time, and you should ensure your submission is executable within the anticipated timeline and budget, while also ensuring everyone’s safety.