This program will teach you core cybersecurity competencies including information security, network security and penetration testing. This exposure will allow the student to better understand the different opportunities available for employment in the cybersecurity sector. Demand for cybersecurity is exploding in both the United States and worldwide. The courses will utilize both python scripting and tool usage to give the students hands-on experience penetrating and defending systems. In addition to the applied cybersecurity labs, students will also gain an understanding of the complexity in defending business systems both today and in the future. Students looking for careers in information technology, risk management, cyber defense, cyber threats, cybercrime, digital forensics, incident response, IT Security, computer networking, cybersecurity risks, information assurance, intrusion detection, risk assessment, security analysis, and vulnerability management can all benefit from the material in the courses.
- Apply a security mindset while remaining ethical.
- Implement security design principles.
- Explain the core concepts of access control.
- Implement reference monitors.
- Apply security policies that are commonly used in modern operating systems.
- Analyze the security of a basic secure system.
- Explain virtualization and the impact on security and efficiency.
- 8. Think and work like an ethical penetration tester, implementing a repeatable and mature methodology that is tailored for each assessment.
- With a given target, successfully identify vulnerabilities, score their risk, and explain mitigations.
- Responsibly disclose findings in a professional report that can be used to recreate the exploit, explain the impact to the target, and prioritize each finding.
- Enumerate target hosts, domains, exposures, and attack surface.
- Identify flaws and vulnerabilities in applications, websites, networks, systems, protocols, and configurations using both manual techniques and assistive tools.
- Reverse engineer compiled applications to discover exploitable weaknesses.
- Write new exploits to test various types of vulnerabilities on clients, against servers, and to escalate privileges.
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of secure network design.
- Understand the issues involved with providing secure networks.
- Analyze underlying cryptography required for secure communications, authorization and authorization.
- Enumerate the issues involved with providing secure networks.
- Information Security Analysts ($99,730 avg salary is US) – https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/information-security-analysts.htm
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators ($83,510 avg salary in US) – https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/network-and-computer-systems-administrators.htm
Program Certificate & Credit Pathways
Program Certificate Requirement
In order to be eligible for credit and a program certificate, you must purchase, complete and pass with a 70% grade or higher in all Cybersecurity Fundamentals program courses.
edX has partnered with Thomas Edison State University, a public university in New Jersey that specializes in adult education, to provide academic credit for MicroBachelors programs at no additional cost.
Please note, academic credit for this program is not provided by New York University (NYU). This program is currently under credit review by Thomas Edison State University.
Check back here for an update on the credit review status for the Cybersecurity Fundamentals program. Learn more about credit.
Industry Certification Preparation
This program covers much of the material that is assessed on the CompTIA’s Security+ certification exam. Upon program completion, verified track learners will receive a 36% discount code for the CompTIA Security+ exam.
Cost:- ₹98,163 Pre-discounted price:
Duration:- 1 year 8 – 10 hours per week