Do you have a vision to transform your community — and the world— for the better? Where others see problems, do you see potential? Tell us how you are tackling financial barriers or social issues in your community and beyond.
At this moment, our country faces many complex challenges. From addressing the burden of student debt to advocating for inclusion, we need bold, innovative solutions.
Prudential Emerging Visionaries is a national recognition program that celebrates young people for their innovative solutions to financial and societal challenges facing their communities. If that sounds like you, you may be an Emerging Visionary!
Now through November 4, 2021, we are accepting applications from young leaders ages 14-18 who are bringing powerful vision and real change to their communities. The program supports young people across the country who are making change that focuses on two categories: solutions to financial barriers and solutions to social issues. (Read more in the “Focus Areas” section below)
If selected, you may qualify for up to $15,000 in awards and an all-expenses paid trip with your parent or guardian to Prudential headquarters, as well as coaching and skills development to help take your solution to the next level.
Prudential Emerging Visionaries is a collaboration between Prudential Financial and Ashoka, a leading social impact organization. Emerging Visionaries is an evolution of the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards, a program that for 26 years has celebrated young people who are tackling society’s most pressing issues.
If you have any questions regarding Prudential Emerging Visionaries, please contact us at [email protected].
All eligible participants will receive:
- Peer feedback via the Challenge online platform, including the opportunity to view, review, and connect with other Prudential Emerging Visionaries applicants.
- Access to on-demand trainings to support you in your changemaking journey.
- A digital certificate of participation.
- The chance to be selected for one of two (2) Early Entry Prizes ($1,000 each) if your application is submitted before September 30, 2021.
- A cash prize of up to $15,000 awarded as follows:
- 25 winners will receive $5,000 each — 20 of these winners will be selected from the Societal Solutions category and 5 winners from the Financial Solutions category.
- The 5 winners from the Financial Solutions category will be invited to join a pitch-off at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s headquarters. From there, 1 Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner will receive an additional $10,000 grand prize, for a total of $15,000.
- 1 winner of either category will also receive the Prudential Employees’ Choice Award—an additional $5,000, to be awarded at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s headquarters. Note: The Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner is not eligible to win the Prudential Employees’ Choice Award.
- All 25 winners will receive an all-expense paid trip to Prudential’s headquarters in Newark, New Jersey on April 23-26, 2022, with a parent or guardian for the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit. This will be an engaging experience in which participants will receive coaching, skills development, and an opportunity to meet with senior leaders from Prudential to help take their solution to the next level.
Please note that if circumstances necessitate cancelling the in-person event (as determined by Prudential in its sole discretion), a virtual ceremony will be conducted, and no trip will be provided.