RWTH MicroMasters Program in Managing Technology & Innovation program enables you to do just that – to deal with disruptive change in the marketplace and take advantage of the shifting landscape to benefit your organization.
Success or failure? The future of your organization today depends on how well it can adapt to and leverage disruptive technologies and business models.
Take the next step in your career and add business knowledge to your technical skills to reach a leading position in your company using an entrepreneurial mindset.
By combining elements from innovation, entrepreneurship, and strategy research, this program will show you how to use a standard toolkit to judge and assess real life cases and learn using a practice-oriented approach.
You will be guided through the innovation process from ideation to implementation, will explore the typical creation process of a new venture and will learn more about the differences between entrepreneurial and managerial thought patterns. As a final part of the program, you’ll learn strategic management concepts – so your organization can be ahead of the curve and not be victim to disruption.
To succeed in the program, you need to have basic mathematical knowledge and a general interest in business to succeed in the program.
The program is designed by RWTH Aachen University, one of the leading universities in Germany working at the intersection of technology and management. You’ll learn from leading entrepreneurship and innovation experts such as Malte Brettel, who was named the #1 Professor of Entrepreneurship in Germany.
- To scan an organization’s environment and identify relevant threats to its business
- To develop a set of strategies to quickly address upcoming change
- To discover risks and sources of internal resistance towards innovation and develop successful counter strategies
- To familiarize yourself with the differences between entrepreneurial and corporate thinking
- To strategically position your organization in times of uncertainty
- The knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career at the interface of technology and management in disrupting times.
- Important management skills that will enable you to lead employees and help your company succeed in the marketplace by effectively dealing with disruptive change.
Courses in RWTH MicroMasters Program in Managing Technology & Innovation
- Managing Disruptive Change
Get yourself and your company ready to face disruptive trends in your industry – be ahead of the wave, don’t get buried underneath.
- Customer-Centric Innovation
Learn to take on competition by creating successful and innovative ideas for your business through a thorough understanding of your customers’ needs.
- Innovation and Creativity Management
Turn ideas into successful products and services by learning how to drive innovation and creativity in your company.
- Thinking & Acting like an Entrepreneur
Discover the entrepreneur inside of you – learn what it takes to turn an idea into a real business and how to put this approach to use within your own company.
- Strategic Management: From Intuition to Insight
Help your organization prosper in times of transition with engaging in rigorous strategic analysis to complement your intuition with the deep insights needed.
- Strategic Management: From Insight to Decision
Help your organization survive, drive, and thrive on fundamental technological changes in your industry with this strategic management course.
Certificate & Credit pathway for RWTH MicroMasters Program in Managing Technology & Innovation
Job outlook:- Career opportunities include managerial positions in business development, post-merger/acquisition integration, innovation management, and general manager positions of newly launched “intrapreneurial” ventures
Duration:- 9 months 6 – 8 hours per week