Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level.
UNIL grants around ten scholarships a year.
The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
Candidates are made aware of the fact that the sum of the scholarship awarded is not sufficient to live in Switzerland.
With regard to this, we invite candidates to consult the following page about the reference budget of a student at UNIL: http://www.unil.ch/immat/fr/home/menuguid/faq–infos-utiles/informations-utiles/taxes-detudes-et-cout-de-la.html
Students offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, with the exception of the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
The list of all Masters degrees at UNIL that it is possible to apply can be found at this address :
It is not possible to apply for the following programmes:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
Please note: for the Master of Law, only two specialisms,”international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Masters scholarships.
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not been registered with UNIL
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
Withdrawal from the programme will lead to the suspension of the scholarship.
You must not make an application for admission to the masters degree via the Admissions Department (SII).
Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
- CHF 1,600 per month will be provided to each scholar
- Around 10 applicants will be awarded for the grant