Our Be Exceptional scholarship/">scholarships are awarded to international students to support them to achieve their goals at the University of York. We have a number of awards ranging from a £2,500 to £7,500 tuition fee discount. If you are successful, this discount will be applied in your first year only.
There will be two opportunities in which you can apply for this scholarship. You can submit an application in either round one or round two (see details under how to apply).
Open to International (including EU) students only.
To be eligible for a Be Exceptional scholarship, you must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by 22 March 2021 (round one) or Monday 21 June 2021 (round two) (you don’t need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 22 March 2021 [round one] or Monday 21 June 2021 [round two])
- intend to study a full-time undergraduate or a postgraduate taught masters course.
You will not be eligible if:
- you hold a 100 per cent tuition fee scholarship or are fully sponsored
- you are an undergraduate student and have made us your insurance choice before 22 March 2021 (round one) or Monday 21 June 2021 (round two).
Students on the following pathways are not eligible for these scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance and online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA and Mundus MAPP
A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees, along with the value of the scholarship (£2,500, £5,000 or £7,500).
We aim to inform you of the outcome of your scholarship application by 7 April 2021 (round one) or 7 July (round two).