Topical analgesics are medications that are applied directly to the skin to relieve pain. They can be used to temporarily relieve minor aches and pains of muscles and joints associated with arthritis, simple backache, strains, sprains, bruises, and more. They come in a variety of forms, with varying ingredients and different application methods and are increasing in popularity due to several factors such as precision targeting and better control, immediate relief, and perception of less medicine/more natural.
Existing products in the brand’s portfolio deliver a cooling effect via three sensates (ingredients that provide therapeutic sensations), two pain relieving ingredients (menthol and camphor), and six essential oils. Three forms are available:
- A non-greasy lotion
- A fast-acting dry spray
- A roll-on with a massaging, stainless steel tri-rollerball head (see below)
To date, the brand has seen a very positive response to its new delivery formats and unique experience, particularly with the roll-on given its unique applicator.
The market is saturated with competitive products, so we are looking for new messaging that connects with consumer needs, describes the unique benefits of topical pain relievers, and differentiates from the messaging of the many topical products in the market. We are looking for a system of messaging/claims that can speak to the full portfolio of products as well as the individual product forms (lotion, roll-on, and spray).
- What claims, language, and message could unlock star potential for our strong, effective portfolio of topical pain relievers? Your messaging should:
- Connect with the consumer in an evocative way
- Include the unique benefits of topical pain relievers
- Differentiate our brand from other topicals on the market
- 1-10 Scale