PyeongChang Youth Peace Challenge (YPC) 2022 is a peace and global citizenship education program in the form of an essay and group debate for youths who are interested in engaging with peace-building and peace-making in the context of the UN Decade of Action to Deliver the SDGs by 2030 and the UN Declaration on the commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the UN in 2020.
The YPC 2022 aims at empowering youths with learning opportunities to share their experiences and ideas about how to promote and build peace in their daily lives, communities, and society in their country as well as internationally in accordance with the PyeongChang Peace Spirit born out of the historical PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympic Games.
The first YPC was organized at the 3rd PyeongChang Peace Forum (PPF) 2021 as a way to promote youth participation globally.
- A modest amount of scholarships will be awarded for the 10 winners of the YPC 2022 to support the implementation of their ideas and proposals in the essay.
- Grand Prize: KRW 2,000,000
- First Prize: KRW 1,500,000
- Second Prize: KRW 1,000,000
- Third Prize: KRW 500,000
- The winners will be appointed as PyeongChang Youth Peace Ambassadors for a year and invited to attend the PyeongChang Peace Forum in Feb. 2023 in person.