SSHRC’s Storytellers Challenge asks postsecondary students to show Canadians, in up to three minutes or 300 words, how social sciences and humanities research is affecting our lives, our world and our future for the better.
Tell us about a great SSHRC-funded project happening at your postsecondary institution. Your story must be compelling, creative and clear.
- Must be a Canadian resident 19 years of age or older.
- Must be enrolled at a Canadian postsecondary institution.
- Create a three-minute video or audio clip, or 300-word text or infographic.
- Submit original work featuring SSHRC-funded research carried out at the institution at which you are enrolled at the time of submission.
- Feature your own research or a teacher’s (make sure you get permission).
- The top 25 submissions receive $3,000.
- The top 25 finalists attend a special research communications workshop and present their stories to a distinguished jury, for a chance to be a final five winner and win an additional $1,000.
- The final five winners are unveiled at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, in May 2022.