These days, “Keep Austin Weird” can ring a little…hollow. A little overdone. But if you know where to look, there are absolutely gems to be found throughout the city, the cultures, and the people that make Austin different and unique every day. Even if Austin is no longer singularly weird, it’s still a city that does things differently, from bbq to music and sports to ecology. Visible Wireless, a wireless brand powered by Verizon 5G, wants to celebrate what makes Austin and its communities unique by highlighting the stories of four individuals or groups who approach their craft and careers in distinctive ways, tying together their passions and perspectives with their communities and the city as a whole. Visible is wireless that does things differently, for a city that does things differently.
One Tongal filmmaker will capture the stories of four Austin locals to create suites of content for each through interview, b-roll, and live coverage taken from events Visible will be throwing throughout the city as part of an Austin takeover in late August and early September (roughly 8/26–9/7). The ultimate goal is to create celebratory portraits of people, communities, and a city that does things differently – and show how Visible Wireless helps them do that authentically.
Visible is looking for up to four longform profiles, one on each of the notable people or groups listed in the Background, with cutdowns and unique assets for social. Your videos should bring to life how Visible Wireless does things differently, with a sense of community and authenticity, through the individual stories of each person or group representing up to four interests that are key to Austin’s DNA as a city: food, sports, local ecology, and possibly music. You will create in-depth storytelling that combines gorgeous cinematography with a strong sense of personality and community, leaving viewers with a sense of who these individuals are and why they and their communities are an indelible part of the fabric of Austin.
If any particular story resonates with you in a personal way, we’d love to hear about it in your treatment; while certainly not a mandatory requirement, your own personal perspective could bring added value to this project. For any questions or other project updates, check out the Project Forum.
DELIVERABLES: There are 48 total video assets and 40 total stills. For each subject‘s story, you’ll need to create:
- One 2-5 minute hero profile video (16×9, 9×16)
- One :30–:60 Organic cutdown for FB, IG, and Twitter (16×9, 1×1)
- Two :15–:30 Organic cutdown for FB, IG, and Twitter (16×9, 1×1)
- Two :06–:15 IG Story cutdowns (9×16)
- Two :06–:60 IG Reels and TikTok videos – not cutdowns (9×16)
- Ten stills per subject (16×9, but flexible to crop for different aspect ratios and platforms)
TIMELINE: Please note that this project will hit the ground running with a kickoff call with Visible between noon–2pm PT on Monday 8/23 and filming on Merlin Tuttle’s 80th birthday on August 26. For the full project timeline please see the Assets section.
- Visible’s YouTube channel and social media (IG, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter).
- Please review the platform best practices page.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Visible’s key audiences are Late Gen Z and Millennials and early Gen X; sweet spot is 25-44.
TONE: Celebratory, unique, different, fun, respectful, proud.
- You MUST be available to film for multiple days with each subject: factor in one day for interviews and general b-roll and one half day to full day for each subject’s unique community event (roughly 6-8 days total).
- You MUST be local to Austin or able to work as a local in Austin. Additional travel costs will not be provided.
- You must be available to pre-interview the video subjects during pre-production.
- Your videos must show the community or communities around each subject and portray the city of Austin as a character in its own right; these videos should not just be profiles of a single individual or group but a celebration of community.
- The brand’s creative platform is wireless that gets better with friends; this should be integrated in all of your videos through connection with community.
- While Visible branding should be subtle throughout, community, thinking differently, and bringing people together for mutual benefit are all core to Visible’s company ethos, and should be the thematic structure of your videos.
- Your videos must embody the notion of the larger Visible Wireless campaign: Wireless that does things differently for a city that does things differently.
- While not a mandatory, if you’ve created high-performing digital and/or social content for previous projects or clients, please include those links and stats in your treatment. We encourage you to brag here!
- Your production MUST follow SAG-AFTRA COVID-19 guidelines.
- This is an open bid project, so you will get to set your own budget proposal, up to $90,000. The Sponsor is interested in seeing tiered pricing options, so please feel free to submit various versions of your pitch at budget, target, and reach price points within that price range.
- By participating in this open bid project, creators acknowledge that the Sponsor is under no obligation to greenlight a bid. Though most open bid projects on our platform do move forward with a greenlit bid, we will notify you in the event the Sponsor decides not to fund any bids via the project forum. Regardless of the result, all open bid submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by the Sponsor and the project team.
Our priority is ensuring everyone’s safety, and we’re now requiring a COVID safety protocol plan for all relevant productions. Please review our COVID-19 Production Safety Guide and check federal, state, and local rules before and during your shoot to make sure your on-set protocols are up to date. We’re working hard to keep people working during this extraordinary time, and you should ensure your submission is executable within the anticipated timeline and budget, while also ensuring everyone’s safety.
Awards:- Cash prizes