As a global leader with strong convictions for sustainable development, Faurecia seeks and cultivates a diversity of talents. To encourage cross industry collaborative development, Faurecia is looking to harness the potential of startup ecosystem within India. Together, let’s inspire the future of mobility.
The main intent of the challenge is to tap on the potential of existing technologies/products in the startup ecosystem to incorporate into (or even reinvent) existing products under Faurecia’s product portfolio.
Startups who meet either of these 2 criteria are eligible to apply.
1. Startups, as defined and recognized by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
2. Startups who have valid MVP (Min Viable Product)/POC (Proof Of Concept).
Note: It is mandatory that this challenge is taken up in line with the problem statements mentioned in the program.
Low cost robotics
Automotive Seats today are complex products with many parts, some large & heavy, some small & delicate, and assembling them requires many skilled workers. We feel Robotics can help human workers be safer, faster, and more precise. We are looking for solutions within the field of low-cost robotics to help build seats more efficiently & safely. Low-cost is a relative term, but in the sprit of this Innovation Challenge we are looking for new ideas on how to augment humans by creative means. Big Smart Complex robotics exist today, but we are looking to discover new ways of looking at robotics that may be overlooked in the rush to full automation.
1. The concepts/solutions should revolve around ways that Low-Cost Robotics can aid in the manufacture of components, assembly of components, moving heavy items, and complex components.
2. Easy to use, understand, and operate are important attributes.
3. Avoiding the need for high power computing or high-power consumption is critical
4. Low cost to maintain and robustness should be considered
5. Versatility, can the robot handle different parts/jobs/etc.?
1. We want our employees to end their shifts safely and happy with their days work
2. We want solutions that help reduce consumption and improve efficiency
3. We would like to see solutions that help retain employees by making difficult jobs easier to accomplish
Automotive Seats today are complex products with many parts, components, systems, and subsystems. We are looking for innovations that will allow us to consolidate or combine some of these systems and reduce complexity.
A heating mat that is also an occupant sensor
A motor that can act as an actuator and a communication device via vibration, etc.
A seat frame that acts as an antenna
1. The concepts/solutions should revolve around ways that allow one component to do 2 or more jobs.
2. Reducing part count & complexity should be a focus of the innovation.
3. Adding intelligence or multiple capabilities is encouraged.
1. Complexity reduction
2. Integration of components into systems
3. Adding intelligence to parts/components
Color/Texture Change Material
Automotive Seats today are complex products with many variations required to satisfy a multitude of trim levels, feature sets, and vehicles models. Every seat produced requires an intricate build sheet detailing what parts/components will be used to build the seat. We are looking for solutions that would simplify this complexity by allowing “end of line differentiation”. Materials are smarter and more technologically advanced than ever, and we want to find new ways to utilize these advances. For example, imagine a seat that can shift its color AFTER it’s built or an HMI control pad that changes SHAPE to accommodate different features installed in the seat.
1. Solutions should contain Materials that can change their color, texture, etc. and become different than before.
2. Solutions should contain Materials that can change durometer or shape, allowing different configurations than before.
3. Innovations that could allow consumers to change/upgrade the appearance or feel of components
4. The innovation should be integrated into or part of the material itself rather than be covered/swapped out/ etc.
1. Reduced complexity at the manufacturing plant
2. Opportunities for improved inventory management via the ability to change seats to suit build demands post assembly
3. Happier end consumers that can add their personal style/taste to their interior
3 Final winners (1 from each domain) which will be chosen from among the finalists will receive a cash prize of INR 2,45,000/- which will be free of equity
1. The products which will go ahead for collaborative development will go through Faurecia’s global ‘fueling committee’ and will have a potential of entering the global automotive market
2. Recognition for winners from Faurecia communications (Blog, LinkedIn, Media)