Grove believes that the products we use at home, products that clean our countertops, our clothes, and our selves, can actually do good for people and the planet. This mission is why they strive to be the most trusted and reliable source for safe, eco-friendly products to actually make being sustainable, easy. We need your help to produce an authentic and visually dynamic testimonial broadcast video to help the brand connect with like-minded consumers.
The goal of the video is to tell a story around people within Grove’s community of customers – people who care about their kids, their families, their futures, and the future of the planet. Making good choices is easy with Grove’s service. That said, we don’t want a boring and trite testimonial aka, medium close up shot of someone sitting on their couch talking about how great Grove is. We are looking for something that has more soul and authenticity presented in a way that’s much more visually rich and intriguing, taking viewers into the lives of 2 to 3 customers with a grounded and almost docu-style approach to the cinematography. Tonally, we still want it to feel like you’re listening to a good friend sharing their love of a product or experience, so the challenge here is how you present that in an innovative manner.
Your messaging should ultimately revolve around Grove’s key messages of convenience and the personal experience Grove provides its community. Check out more in the Background / Additional Details section of this brief. In addition to the broadcast video, you will need to create social cuts from the testimonials that also mention Grove’s “Beyond Plastic” mission, in which the products they sell will be 100% plastic-free by 2025.
- You MUST feature 2-3 subjects. Keep in mind the authenticity element when casting, and look for people who are interesting, relatable, and passionate; Grove is NOT looking for models or obvious coastal actor-types. Finding people that already passionately care about sustainability and are using these products (whether with Grove or not) in their own lives will go a long way. They’ll know how to more authentically speak the language.
- Diversity will be an important factor for casting. We would like to be inclusive and reflect the diversity of our communities.
- AVOID perfectly staged homes; locations should feel lived-in and real, without being messy or distractingly busy. It is possible for you to use one location for the entire shoot, if each talent is filmed in a different room and each room feels like a new location. Production design will be an important element here, so it may help to cover this in your pitch.
- Your video MUST include their boxes with handwritten notes at some point within the story. Notes such as “You’re the best, [name]”, “You are doing an awesome job, [name]”, “Happy Grove Day, [name]”. Check out the assets section for an image example.
- Within your treatment please include a section that describes why your video concept will inspire a viewer to respond and take action to join Grove’s community.
- You MUST provide a virtual on-set solution for the client to be “on-set” for production.
- Your story should be modular to allow for reuse in social cutdowns at a later date.
Your video will feature Grove’s own products as well as third party products also sold in their service. Grove products should take precedence.
- Client WILL ship products for you to shoot, but are yet to be released and will be shared upon selection. For the purposes of your pitch, the products will be versions of these Grove Co. hero products.
- Due to the speed of this project, only North American film teams will be considered.
- This is an open bid project, so you will get to set your own budget proposal within the $40,000-$50,000 range. The Sponsor is interested in seeing tiered pricing options, so please feel free to submit various versions of your pitch at budget, target, and reach price points within that price range.
- By participating in this open bid project, creators acknowledge that the Sponsor is under no obligation to greenlight a bid. Though most open bid projects on our platform do move forward with a greenlit bid, we will notify you in the event the Sponsor decides not to fund any bids via the project forum. Regardless of the result, all open bid submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by the Sponsor and the project team.
Awards:- Fixed pay based on request